East Fork lake conditions.

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Anyone been to the lake recently? Was hoping on hitting this weekend and was hoping it wasn't flooded into the woods and dark as choclate milk :D

2. I plan on going saturday. I can tell you then.

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thanks man! Just wanted to make sure it was fishable from the bank incase it was high.

4. It's good to go. Water was nice last weekend.

5. Water levels for East Fork Lake (as well as several other bodies of water) can be found here....

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html

It's updated daily. Deviation from Pool tells how far up or down it is. The columns to the right also tell how much water is being pumped from the lake.

6. Fished it last night 6-17-08 water is below summer pool by about 1/2 afoot clear down to about 3' fish where slow since the cold front was coming thru but caught a few just west of the boars nest ramp trolling 30' water around the trees and stumps

7. My buddy and I were there Tuesday. Water looked real good. We flat wore out the hybrids trolling Gizz 3's. We even caught a flathead about 8 lb.

8. What's a Gizz #3? Is it a 3 inch gizzard shad?

9. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

How deep were you trolling? I'm thinking about camping there this weekend. Two of my daughters have softball tournament games in Williamsburg, so if I camp I can be close and fish too :D

Can I troll them out of the yak?

CW

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Glad to hear the fish are biting, friend is coming over SE Ohio, hope it pans out for us. I'll make sure to post results.

Young Wiskers, thanks for a link!

11. That flathead was in very good shape. Very healthy looking. I'm glad to see flatheads caught out of there. That lake could hold some monsters. We turned our flatty loose.

CW, LMJ has threatened to troll from a yak but as far as I know no one has tried it. THe fish we were catching were deep. Our lure gets 12 ft when trolled. I don't know how deep it will get from a yak. I would think that the stealthiness of the yak would allow you to go over fish that are up shallow enough to hit the lure.

Napsax, a Gizz 3 is a 3 inch lure that looks like a gizzard shad. It is manufactured by yours truely.

12. Fished eastfork today with Starvin fisherman and caught alot of crappie nothing really big but had a good time