close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East Fork hybrid striper info request

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by creekwalker, Oct 26, 2004.

1. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Anyone have any information on the hybrid stipers at East Fork? I am going on Thursday and was at least hoping to know whether to start near the campers beach or if they have already started moving up the creek.

Last year about two weeks into November I missed them all morning one day fishing the main lake around the beach, then moved to the creek the next day and caught quite a few. I am hoping to avoid the wasted day this time around :D

BTW, I am paddling a kayak, so zipping from one end of the lake to the other is not really an option...or maybe I am just a little lazy ;)

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. catking

catking Banned

I haven't heard a word about them as of yet. I do not believe they are in the creeks yet. Still in open waters. Gotta be getting colse very soon for the bite to begin. Let us know how you do ;) .Thanks and good luck to you.CATKING

3. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Well, they are in the river. We did not get a hit early in the AM while making our way down the river (put in at the Twin Bridges ramp), all the way to the lake. No hits on the lake near the campers beach either, but I lucked on to a nice crappie fishing about 20' deep with a spoon.

Anyway, in the afternoon on the way back we caught quite a few striper...all the way back to the ramp! They seemed to be spread all through the river leading up to the ramp. Not really holding to any specific cover. Caught some on rocks, some in timber, some in the middle of the channel. Not much size, but quite a few. Largest was probably about 2lbs.

Best baits were spinnerbaits (chartruse) and inline spinners (several colors)

4. I really don't know anything about stripper fishing in this area. Speciffically, Eastfork lake. When and where are they? The seasons? And in what season are they best caught. Thanks in advance

5. catking

catking Banned

Quite a few are caught around the Afton island using large jigs and twister tails. Red headed jigs with white tails seem to work well. Very early of very late seem to be the best time. I usually hit this area 5-6 times over the next 3 weeks. ....THE CATKING !!!