close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

east fork friday night and saturday AM..

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crappielooker, May 1, 2004.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

well..the carp down there are spawning or done spawned recently..out of the 4 I caught, 3 of them have cuts to its side as if hes been beating on rocks..saw lots of crappies caught..along with several stripers..most activities happenned in the first few hours of sunrise..

2. I've been wanting to try East Fork Lake for some time, but have yet to make it down there.

3. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Crappielooker
    You still in town tomorrow? I have the day off and tonight, for that matter, since my other plans fell through.

4. crappielooker

tim..i'm back home now.. :( wishin i was still down there..

5. it was great having you down ak, had a long day of fishing crappielooker showed up at 5 and we fished untill 3am(i did he stayed the rest of the night) then at 630 took the boat out untill 1:00 didnt catch anything with ak and he got 5 then i went crappie fishing in the am and got 12 (total me and my buddie) then it was home for a power nap before a party tonight

6. catking

catking Banned

Sounds like a good time to me on the local lake. There have been some really big crappie taken there recently. I talked to a guy who had 15 or so on a stringer, and the smallest was a tad over a pound. A few were 2 pounders. This lake has this type of crappie fishin in it, if you know where to look. I don't crappie fish at all now, but I could see why people do. Glad you guys got out. CATKING

7. Yeah EF doesn't get it's due recognition for crappie, but that's fine with me. I can drive two minutes and be on the lake there. The less people I have to compete with for slabs, the better :D You do have to fish it a little to find 'em. So many trees, it's tough to narrow down the productive ones. I went Wednesday evening for two and a half hours and between me and my dad boated 25 or so, we kept 14. All males. We caught some nice ones as far as length, but no fat females. I wouldn't think they've all dropped the eggs already. Only three fish on minnows. They were really hammering the jigs. Going back out this Wednesday evening, weather permitting.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

At least you caught some Crappie, how big were they?

9. catking

catking Banned

Hey crappielooker- A few carp are probably spawning, but they haven't started in full yet at East Fork. They usually are not done until June, probably the 2nd week of June. The water is just now reaching the 60's ;) You are right about East Fork 's crappies SlabSlayer- I've seen some monster stringers here. But you have to fish this lake to learn it's secrets. CATKING

10. are the white bass running? Thanks catking for steering me to OGF.

11. I hear allot about East Fork but don't know where it is. Could anyone give me directions from Wright State? Thanks

12. East Fork is near Batavia which is East of Cincinnati. Its a good haul from Wright State.

Basically, go to 275 E to 32 E follow that to Half Acre (I think) follow that till it dead ends. Make a left and visit the Boar's Head for bait. Turn right into the park and follow the signs for the ramp.

13. crappielooker

or get on rt 68 and take that south all the way til you hit rt 32..go west for couple miles and the park will be there ..this way you will avoid all the cinci traffics..

14. catking

catking Banned

Hey FishinJoe !!! Wouldn't be the same on the site without you chimeing in once in a while ! The white bass should be running this week, as soon as the waters calm down. The temps are getting primed. CATKING