Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has ever cuaght or heard of big flatheads being caught in East Fork Lake in southwestern Ohio. Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have only caught channels out of there. Only heard of channels being caught there. I have come to the conclusion that there is only channels in that lake.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
east fork has some nice flatheads in it, it even has some blues(someone put them there) but i wouldn't bother fishing EF when the ohio is right there. but if your going to try EF i would go to one of the big creek arms, probably the fork side and fish one of the points

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
There are flatheads in there, and yes there are even blues like riverking said. I wouldn't beleive the bluecat comment had I not seen it with my own eyes.

Got one out of there that was 24.4#

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
This is DA KING'S home lake. There are PLENTY of flatheads in the lake and especially up the river by the campgrounds. I know personally of a fellow who has taken a fifty pounder about every year....Just last week a friend of mine caught a 28 pound blue cat in the lake. They are in there....in the very deep waters right now, in the channel, but you need a boat to drift fish for these critters. Flatheads are a diffrent story. Many areas can be had for bank fishing for them. It's tough sometimes to get to a certain area, but well worth it...... THE CATKING !!!

·
dip
578 Posts
DA KING doiesn't fish anymore.... he just shares his vast knowledge with a lucky few

1 - 11 of 11 Posts