close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East Fork Flatheads

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flatchaser87, May 28, 2007.

1. Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has ever cuaght or heard of big flatheads being caught in East Fork Lake in southwestern Ohio. Thanks!

2. I have only caught channels out of there. Only heard of channels being caught there. I have come to the conclusion that there is only channels in that lake.

3. east fork has some nice flatheads in it, it even has some blues(someone put them there) but i wouldn't bother fishing EF when the ohio is right there. but if your going to try EF i would go to one of the big creek arms, probably the fork side and fish one of the points

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

There are flatheads in there, and yes there are even blues like riverking said. I wouldn't beleive the bluecat comment had I not seen it with my own eyes.

Got one out of there that was 24.4#

[​IMG]

5. catking

catking Banned

This is DA KING'S home lake. There are PLENTY of flatheads in the lake and especially up the river by the campgrounds. I know personally of a fellow who has taken a fifty pounder about every year....Just last week a friend of mine caught a 28 pound blue cat in the lake. They are in there....in the very deep waters right now, in the channel, but you need a boat to drift fish for these critters. Flatheads are a diffrent story. Many areas can be had for bank fishing for them. It's tough sometimes to get to a certain area, but well worth it...... THE CATKING !!!

6. catking

catking Banned

I remember when Fishman caught that blue cat....:) ...ah , memories.... DA KING !!!

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

King - Let's go fishing!! Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

8. dip

dip dip

DA KING doiesn't fish anymore.... he just shares his vast knowledge with a lucky few

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

That's a shame he doesn't fish anymore, shame he isn't sharing any of the knowledge with me too :D

10. 44 and 27 pounder williamsburg side where bethel-concord ends in water