close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East Fork Cats- Flats & channels

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catking, Jun 27, 2004.

1. catking

catking Banned

Hey guys and gals- The cats at East Fork are on fire right now. Many large channel cats are being caught in you typical areas . Cut shad and large,live minnows are getting the bulk of them. Night fishing is best. As far as flatheads- some up to 42 pounds are being caught on LIVE shad. I talked to one guy who fishes an area that is known by DA KING :D and he is taking decent flats almost every week. The flatheads are laying on the sand bars nailing shad at night ;) . Speaking of shad- I chatted with one guy who said he saw a school of shad that was on his screen for a half hour :eek: :eek: Then we all wonder why these fish in this lake have lockjaw :rolleyes: Anyways, just letting you catters know that there is some good fishin going on right now for cats. CATKING

2. thanks for the heads up may go there tonight

3. Well, finally made it over here from the other site. I kept sayin "wheres the catking, wheres fishingredhawk, smalliehunt? ". Nice to see an active site like this one, the previous one and fishin.com are just dying.

What prompted my first post? Well i was over at gary yamamoto's site and saw this picture and just had to ask catking if this was him :) him being the king and all...........

http://www.insideline.net/ez-forum/ez-forum.pl?read=22443

4. catking

catking Banned

Glad you made it to this site !!! We still have some familar faces registering on this site. Yes, that be DA KING !!! in the pic......... :rolleyes: .NO WAY !!! That guy isn't half as good looking as THE CATKING !!!

Attached Files:

5. My son and I fished the east end of EF up near Bethel...the old Twin bridges area (at least that's what we used to call it when we were kids) that is now designated a wildlife area...about a week ago. Lots of standing trees and cover...AND...there were so many shad in the channel and flats that I thought they were just the wind making ripples...until the bass started slamming them. We were bank fishing and caught a few dink cats, gills and more than our fair share of turtles...Whoopee. Did miss a bass of the 1-2 pound variety on a buzzbait...

The shad schools were impressive. Saw 2 different guys in boats throw castnets. Both only had to do it twice. Saw 'em pitchin a lot of gills back too. It's very shallow back there with some big mud flats and enough bugs to walk on at night.

6. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Was at eastfork sat. nite.The wife and i took one of the grandsons there.Also saw many shad up in the cove we were in.They just keep swimming around the cove all evening and night.Using crawlers and livers and wheaties.The wife uses crawlers only and had two break off,20# line never got to see what.Still teaching her how to play a fish.I managed 5 small cats.The grandson caught a 3# carp,biggest fish he's caught and was thrilled.If the weather holds we'll be out again this weekend.Whwn or have the cats spawned?

7. catking

catking Banned

I would think some are done spawning, but not all of them. Flats will be done by 3rd week of July. CATKING