Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water temps mid 40's. Just went out to fish for basically whatever as I had a few hours. Probably caught a couple dozen fish, mostly white bass or small hybrids and a few decent crappie. Tried blade baits but all fish caught jigging small crappie jigs with Bobby garland. Depth seemed most important 14-16' was prime. Anytime I got to deep or shallow would need to get back in that range to catch fish. Fun messing around with an ultra light before the weather turns.

· Registered
5,279 Posts
I was there for a few hours this afternoon. Did you launch at the Tate Ramp?
I thought I was the only guy out there until I noticed another trailer in the lot when I came it.
It was a beautiful day, I thought there would have had more boats out.

Everything I caught was 6'deep in 8-12 fow.

· Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir that was me. I live less than 15 minutes away and have been trying to make an effort to get out more. Mostly been hitting the spillway this winter if I have a little time but wanted to run the boat today with the weather being so nice.

· Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spillway seems hit or miss and lots of snags. Just a good option in the winter or if lake is blown out for me. Have caught different fish and lost a huge catfish last week. Much prefer taking the boat but the spillway is a nice option to have to get out when I otherwise wouldn't because of conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts