close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East Branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by LJACKSON36, May 12, 2008.

1. LJACKSON36

LJACKSON36 Angler For Life

I know that there are a lot of guys that fish East Branch for Crappie. I was wondering if anybody fishes the spillway. If so what type of fish are coming through there and if it is worth the trip.

2. There is no parking on the road and their is a no trespassing sign by the spillway.

3. LJACKSON36

LJACKSON36 Angler For Life

Thanks peple. I knew that there was someone that knew something. Hey, have you had any luck out there this year with the crappie yet. I know you like to fish that lake.

4. So far out of there I have gotten around 6 crappies 5 gills and 2 bass. All dinks. :(

5. WPM

WPM

I really like East Branch (part of that is nostalgia for the 60s - 70s) so when I saw the very negative thread about it a couple weeks ago I hit it with my 14 ftr to "prove them all wrong" - also wanted to check the water level.
    I fished about 5 hrs with jigs and tiny cranks and, while I never found a real sweet spot, I realized at the end of the day that if I'd been keeping fish, I'd have had a nice fry - 6 or 7 keeper crappies.
    I'll be back there as the bass action heats up.
    NDG

6. Better hurry and fish it- I'm sure Akron will have it drained down to nothing
    in less then 2 months!

7. Why so much water usage for Akron? Is everyone there that thirsty? Is the food too salty down there?:p