Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyne know what the out come was with Kirtland, DNR and Osborn over the east branch of the Chagrin after Osborn did what was reported? It seems like everything has become hush hush or have I missed something that was reported. I would Like to know the out come good or bad.

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
What did Osborn do?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He changed the flow in river by removing tons of stone for his own use. It was all done out view behind the tree line on property that Kirtland owned and leased to him under some sort of agreement. The DNR was concerned because of the lack of certain life forms not being found in that area of the river. There was a big uproar over it and alot of news reports then nothing just swept under the rug. I was just wondering if once again big money buys its way out of another situation. As well as who got payed off.

·
Kayak Conquistador
546 Posts
Isnt the east branch one of the only natural brook trout habitats in Ohio?

Anyways, Osborne most likely paid somebody off. After all, he thinks he built and owns Mentor.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I caught Brookies on the that branch from between route 6 and Chardon Kirtland Rd. In the 60's and some nice rainbow as well. We always fish this in late February before the first thaw using mepps 0 bucktail spinners and caught good bunch of trout. We lived in Chardon and new that in the spring when Deep Springs trout club flooded over the locks the fish would run into the creek. That creek flowed into the Chagrin in Chesterland township. So we thought most of the trout came from there. It was not until recently I found out this was a natural reproducing group from that section of the Chagrin. If we knew then what we know now, we would of released them. It just pis**** me off that we all have short memories. I have watch this site since the first time it was reported on here and no follow up. So I just had to see if I really miss something or it was just our nations short memory again, just yesterdays news?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts