Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at east branch 2 days ago and tried from shore for the crappies. All i could get were bluegills in my crappie spots so they aren't in there yet. I'm really hating this cold weather. and it wont start getting better till my vacation is over. :(

·
Angler For Life
149 Posts
hey peple,
whats going on. i noticed you do a lot of fishing in the ladue and east branch areas. i have been fishing these area most of my life. for the most part ladue and in the last two years started fishing east branch. i was wondering if you do any float tubing on those lakes. if so we could hook up and hit them i just dont want to go out alone, trying to be as safe as possible. also you cab never know too many fellow anglers.

p.s who cares how you spell your name as long as it's right in your mind.......dare to be different.:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Is float tubing even allowed on Ladue? I've never seen anyone do it. I looked at the rules and regulations and didn't see float tubes specifically addressed.

I got this from the City of Akron Watershed Recreation Rules and Regulations:

"Swimming is prohibited. Wading is prohibited at LaDue, and on the south shore of Mogadore between SR 43 and the dam."

Since float tubing is a cross between wading and swimming, I would guess that it's not legal. Of course, if you snagged your tube you'd definitely be doing one or the other! ;-)

I'm not sure about East Branch either. Both are great places to fish. I'm suprised East Branch doesn't get more pressure. I fish both. East Branch primarily in the spring for Crappies.

Hey. If you or anyone else doesn't have a boat or wants to go to either of these two places, PM me. I'll be fishing them quite a bit this spring/summer. And I'm always looking for someone to go with. Just don't expect to be out for 2-3 hours. I normally make a day out of it. So many of my friends and family say they want to go, and start wanting to leave after a short while. Drives me nuts! Hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We are just like you. We make a day of it. I make sure we have plenty to eat or drink (subs, pop, water, chips...must be the mom in me!) and we spend most of the day. I've even taken the little habachi grill and did the old hot dogs/hamburgers in between. Drives my husband nuts! He'd say, "Are you STILL fishing?" "Yep, and we're not ready to leave." He used to call me at midnight and we'd be out at North Res. and he'd say, "STILL fishing? What about the kids?" I'd tell him that we didn't have school the next day and we didn't have to get up early for anthing and they are having too much fun to leave; so why leave? I just didn't want to go home!!!

·
Off the beaten path
936 Posts
You can floattube on ladue and east branch done it numerous times.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont float tube. well, ive never tried it. I go to eastbrach like 5 times a week in the spring. the crappies are fun but they r just small. but my uncle did catch a 16 1/2 incher out of there and my dad got a 15 incher. it is so easy to catch them. I have also cought a few nice bas out of there too. once this waether breaks im going for some cold water bass and i have a few locations that hold some nice fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts