Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So taking the family up to east harbor for vacation next week. I have heard it is pretty good bass fishing and was wondering if I should bring my bass boat? Where are some good places to fish in there are? What to use and which harbor is better? Thanks

·
Charter Captain
354 Posts
East Harbor has the better launch. There is a lot of water to fish for bass around that area. Have fun!

·
Registered
190 Posts
We are camping in east harbor state park this wk.....mainly wally fishing but brought my bass boat up to fish the bays......well worth bringing your bass boat.....done well this wk throwing senkos wacky style in the weeds, pads, and docks.......swim jigs with grass pigs have produced also.......couple on buzz baits and frogs......east and west harbor both been good.....

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,018 Posts
No way to go through Middle harbor to get to West.

Hey Jeep, how do you fish the wacky style? I have never gotten the hang of it and it drives me crazy. I don't fish bass much now but I used to cream the bass on a worm rigged Carolina style. I can still fish that way and catch bass, but I know the whacky style can be good when they are tough.

thanks,
Rickerd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts