Easiest Venison Chili - EVER

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by Suchland4, Feb 18, 2008.

1. This is easy and is ALWAYS good. I promise. It's perfect to throw in a slow cooker at camp or before a tailgate party.

Not sure how much ground venison is in one of the typical packages from the butcher but I would say 2-2.5 pounds of ground venison.

Brown the venison and drain. Stir in one package of taco seasoning with 3/4 cup of water. Heat until sauce thickens.

In slow cooker, mix seasoned venison, one large can of tomato sauce, one jar of salsa (as hot as you want your chili), and one can of kidney beans (unless you want more beans). Cook on high for 1/2 an hour to an hour then turn down to low until you're ready to eat. As always with chili, it's better to let it cook for about 6-8 hours on low.

Later in the night, add Velveeta cheese to the leftovers and you'll have an even better chili cheese dip with Tortilla chips!

2. bobk

bobk

Made a pot of the chili this past weekend and it was some good stuff. Got a little silly with the salsa and it took a few more frosty's to cool the mouth . Hey, they were good too.
    Bob

3. Suchland68

Suchland68 Bowhunter

It is some Gooooooooo ooooooooood stuff! The Frosty's do the job for a nice capper.

Here's another great EASY recipe for ground.
    1lb ground (browned)
    1 can chicken gumbo soup
    1 can tomato soup
    Season to your liking, usually just need some S&P
    Mix them all together in a crock pot or pan, heat and serve on bread or buns. GREAT Sloppy Joe's.

4. Very good as well. And because of my obsession with cheese, this is also great to add Velveeta Cheese to (not too much, just enough to thicken a bit and make it cheesy). Instant Cheesy Joe's!