Early season question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by kparrott154, Oct 2, 2008.

1. This is my first year deer hunting bow season in 3-4 years, I've been gun hunting as of late. I'm heading back home Oct. 8th and will be there til sunday. I going to be hunting a few tracts of land that I have never hunted before and need to find deer and find them quick.

What should I look for to find deer patterns? Should I be looking for patterns to food? I know calls probably won't have much affect.

Thanks everyone

2. If it were me and by no means an expert, I would look for good used trails leading into bean or corn fields and hunt over those. Also I would look for acorns and set up around them, hope this helps!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

3. Assuming the woods has a good crop .............. acorns, acorns, acorns !!!!
    They are feeding almost exclusively on them around my place and probably will be until they're pretty much gone. Set up properly with the wind on the major trail leading to/from the food source & they should show up.
    They'll need a drink of water, too and many of the small water holes have driedup.
    Good luck
    T