close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Earliest Opening Bait Store?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChardonRob, Sep 10, 2005.

1. As a third shifter I'm sitting here at 2 something in the morning thinking about how great it would be to be sitting in 45 feet of water on Erie as the sun came up. The only problem is I can't get any bait. Are there still any 24 hour bait shops left up north? I long for the days of old when you could buy shiners at 3am by Neff or the Chagrin on Lakeshore Blvd. By 6am I'm starting to think how good bed would feel and by 9am I'm done.

2. Shins on East 55th St. opens at 5:30.
    Phone number is 216-431-9090
    :p

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

buy your minnows and freeze them for your early trip on the lake. we used minnows that were frozen 2 different ways last week and the bite was up-n-down. i have prolly 10 dozen in the freezer now.

4. Yeah Freyed, I guess I'm going to have to go with the salt and freeze routine. I can't figure out how to get one pint of Ben & Jerry's to fit in my freezer and now I have to find a way to get 10 dozen minnows in it. My wife's going to love this!

Shines at 5:30 is a little better than the rest of them at 6 or 6:30. Does anyone know when the bait shop behind McDonalds in Eastlake opens? I'd give em a call but I don't even know the name of the place.

5. dip

dip dip

i use a cooler and an aereator that runs off a spare cranking battery .... keeps shines and chubbz alive forever. don't even use the live well in my boat.