close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

eagle fishmark 500c fishfinder?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gju42486, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

anyone have this unit, seen it, or heard anything about it, good or bad? seen it at the boatshow today and for $350 it looks like a great color unit, i was also looking at the eagle fishmark 480- black and white for $175. Anyone have any info, or can recommend another unit (prefer color) for $300 or so?

2. On the big waters you dont have much use for GPS maps. ALOT of flat bottom un-like the in-land lakes. I have a 642 and love it. Wouldnt think you would need a bigger graph for open water fish. One in the same. Sonar wise.

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I just got the 502c, same unit except GPS feature. I've been playing with it in the house for a month now and it seems like a pretty sweet unit. My Dad has had the same unit for 2 years and has never had an issue, that along with the price is why I got it. The GPS feature added another $100 to the price.

My old boat had a fishmark 320 which I really liked too. Same model as the 480, but the 480 has more detail. If you don't want a GPS check out the fisheasy 320c, I just got one off SteelheadBob from the site and it's a pretty sweet little unit. Great detail, not a huge screen, but nice deal for the money. I think new they're around $220 or so.

4. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

parma any links to the 502? i didnt think the 500c had the gps function, i may have missed it in the description though--i have a separate gps unit so i dont need one in my fishfinder. Any ideas on the price of the 502? also, does it come in color? :G

5. ParmaBass

The 500c and 502c are the same unit, except the 502c has a GPS. Actually the one I have is called the FishElite 502c. Should of mentioned that, that's probably why you cant's find it, my bad. The Fishmark 500c is just a finder. They both have the same pixels,resolution and features minus the GPS.

6. Parma - Two models of 500c --Fishmark 500C no gps - Fishelite 500C is with gps. Same thing in black and white models-- 480 Fishmark no gps- Fishelite 480 with gps. Kinda confusing until you study the %$#^& things.

One would think the manufacturers would make it as easy as possible. For first time buyers it can get awful confusing. One of my pals ended up with an excellent finder if he was fishing saltwater. Luckily he was able to send it back and get a unit he could actually use.

7. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

i really like the looks/features of that 500c, just wondering if you guys think the color and other features are worth the additional $150 or so......looking for something to replace the hummingbird 575 that came with the boat---anyone want to buy it :D

8. ParmaBass

Actually FishElite 500c has and internal GPS antenna and the FishElite 502c has an external GPS antenna. Take that:D Just a little more info to the butcher job I'm doing so far on this post!

The manufactures could throw a bone and make it a little easier though. But nonetheless I do have the 502c with an external antenna with a GPS. Take the GPS out of the equation and basically I have the Fishmark 500c! I think I got it now;)

I really like the color units. If you have the extra $$ I'd definately go for color. I find them easier to read and they're just more fun to look at!

9. No I have a 500 c fish elite and it has an external gps. Actually I cannot find a difference between your 502C and my 500 C :confused:

I went to www.eaglenav.com and compared models. Unless i bought mine before the 502 was released. Going to take a long pull on my JD bottle before I confuse myself.

Glad I am switching over to Hummingbirds.

10. ParmaBass

If you have the newest Basspro catalog that might make things easier or more difficult. 500c and 502c are the same thing according to Basspro 500 internal, 502 external. I just got the 502c and it has an external GPS. 502c came out last year I believe. You getting all this George? Just go with a Hummingbird, lol:D

11. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

oh im definitly following along great---just wondering if the color on the 502c is worth the extra $150 over the 480. :eek:

12. George - If color is not a big issue to you. Do yourself a favor and read up on
    the Humminbird 737. It is a black and white unit but. In 30 foot of
    water it will read 3o foot wide. It has a feature almost like side
    imaging. It does not come with GPS but can economically be added
    later. I was a confirmed Lowrance/ Eagle guy until I bought my 737
    Its performance convinced me to get the the 987 C .

You have a lot of time yet to make a decision. I would have never
    even thought of trying a Humminbird until reading on Crappie
    dot com . That was a couple years ago and those guys had the
    scoop. The 737 runs about 319-335 dollars. It outperforms my
    500C at least the way I fish. It also has a shorter learning curve.

Good luck whatever your final choice is.

13. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

sounds good, i appreciate it--definitly keep any and all information coming, im all ears :)

14. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

color, color, color, did i say color??? if your getting a new unit, get color;)

15. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

what are you running tom?

16. ezbite

lowrance 334igps (color) and lowrance 4900 global map (monochrome:( ) for gps color isnt that big a deal, for sonars, go color..IMO. i also have a eagle 320c on the back. i cant run both sonars together without interference. talked to the lowrance dude today and he want me to buy new units.HAHAHA!!

17. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

thats pretty nice as well....found a guy on craigslist selling the 502c for $300 :)

18. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

what did that run ya--way over $350 im sure huh?

19. ezbite

george, im not sure if you saw this photo. this is why i say color.

Attached Files: