close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

eagle creek ????????????//

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by macfish, Sep 19, 2005.

1. I may be blind but i dont see any reports from the eagle creek outing. Iam sorry i missed but things come up.

2. Maybe their still hungover???

3. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I was wondering the same thing.... Did the thread get deleted? I posted a reply last night about the trip and I can't find it now........

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

it was a great weekend as usual.. the pig was huuge and delicious.. the fish was biting.. :)

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Fastlane,

Are you or were you drunk? :D

There is a reason you can't find that post that you thought you made here yesterday on OGF, about Eagle Creek.

The reason you can't find it is because the post you made was over at our friends site, not here. :D :D :D

Kim

6. What a great time!!! The hog came out good, the Friendship was great and the carp were smoking!!
    Next year I'll have a sign in book so I can remember all the good folks screen names that came.
    A few People I would like to thank are: OGF Member Truck...for paying for this years pig...and the good folks at www.bulletbobber.com for sending us some new toys to try out (they are preaty cool) and all the folks who help me out with the cooking, tables, sides ect...not sure where you could find a better group of people!!!

p.s. who wants to help me resize some pictures...lol

7. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I just want to see another one of you passed out in the lawn chair again :D

That was a classic, did you do a repeat this year?

8. nope we have some new pic's of lawnchair people this year

9. Where to start? Great food, terrific campsite, good company. BigJohn, thanks. Your juicy beef brisket Friday night, that fantastic hog Saturday night, your time spent and everything you did to put the whole thing together, again thanks buddy. This event was the first OGF get together that I've attended but if John is involved in any way, it won't be my last. BigJohn, you're welcome in my boat anytime.

My brother, FINS3932 and I wanted to kick in some bucks to offset the cost of the hog but was told that Truck had already paid for the whole thing. Darrell, even without footing the bill for the hog, you're always welcome in my boat anytime. When you come down to Alum, we owe you one...maybe two...OK three. Sorry we didn't stick around the campsite Saturday night but we were really looking forward to tangling with those huge brutes of the Big O. Didn't get back to the campsite till almost 2:30a.m. Looking forward to fishing with you.

We also fished most of the day. Needless to say we left the Big O fully stocked...3 fishermen fully exhausted, and all those huge flatheads with big fat smiles on their faces. As we left Sunday morning I could swear I heard a slimey voice in the distance saying "DA#N Northerners, not in Our House". An abundant shad population so thick that you could almost walk on their backs, no current, and low D.Os (dissolved oxygen) all worked against us. We'll be back for sure.

Conditions sure didn't affect the campside carp fishing though. With Crappielooker and TimJC flinging all that chum in the river, the carp kept it interesting. Good to meet both of you and also your girlfriend, Tim. Fastlane, hopefully you didn't hurt yourself running down the bank in the dark after that clicker went off. I was concerned that you "broke a finger". Also met UFM, Bubbahunter, DavidSW110, MisOhio, Tom(Trucks' friend), John's wife (Chrissy or Missy, sorry, by the time we met I was already well on my way to impersonating a lit up Christmas tree) and a number of others that I owe an opology to for forgetting their names, da#n beer.

Thanks again,
    Rick

10. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

wow sounds like fun..........Im near Eagle......... Id like to get in on the next one of those, I'll bring a batch of my Killer Garlic Wheatie Balls.

T :D

11. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Bigjohn.. Sorry I couldnt make it .. I hope you got my message.

12. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

That was truly a good time! Setting up Muskeye's nylon condo in the rain was a little nuts. The beef & buzz Friday night got things off to a good start, though. The pig dinner was awesome, John, and thanks to everyone that brought the great dishes.

I was really impressed with the carp set-ups. The electronic alarms were bright and loud enough to go on about the business of "being social" and still be confident you won't miss a good bite... technology, I love it.

It was a pleasure to meet all of you.

Miso Ohio - about those BEANS... Do you cater ???

13. Well the food was GREAT as always when Bigjohn cooks!!!! Meeting more OGF people is fun.Learning more about carping(thanks to Tim & Ak)was a blast :) The cooler weather helped alot also.Heard alot about Alum fishing I think I may have to try it sometime ;) All in all a very good weekend at E.C. Truck

14. I added a few pic's in the gallery

15. Fastlane

I posted here too. Rather lengthy one too. I was tired though so I may have not waited for it to post before I shut down.

16. Fastlane

Only thing hurt was my ego and the tent. I felt pretty bad about the rip.