close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eagle Creek

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Flipp, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

How was it guys. Waiting to hear from all the guys that went down.

2. a great time was had by all..i'll try and post a report as soon as my nap is over...lol

3. Had a great time!!! It was good seeing everyone!!!

We want to thank John and everybody for such a great weekend and making the wives and everybody feel at home!

The little bit of rain just helped to keep it cool down there and ad a little adventure to the whole outing.

I am looking forward to the next southwest outing!!

If you didn't make it you missed a great one!!!

4. catking

catking Banned

It was FANTASTIC !!!!! I'll wait yntil bigjohn513 gives the full report, but this was a fantastic outing with a great turnout !!! THE CATKING !!!

5. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

This was a well planned event and I think everyone had a blast even the them alful wives that gotten so tipsey on Gin, Pineapple juice, and citrus pop. John great time! Secrets came out at this event. (If you were'nt there tough, I aint telling) This is the outing of choice for me close to home and great people. Single Hot Mama is still single!!! My wife had a great time and was one of those Alful Wives. We had some strange events in the tents involving a hog head. Everyone I meet was great and the catking curse may have disolved. Rain was not really a factor except for skipjack and crew they got drenched on the water. Mixed bag of fish Hybird, CRAP(Carp), and Catfish. Good Time. Thanks Everybody.
    Fishcrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy :eek:

6. were to start,
    crappie looker got the party started on monday and was joined by mac fish and family on thursday night then on friday most of the other members started showing up
    the rain was realy coming down here at home but when i made it to eagle creek it was dry and no rain had fallen and didnt untill later that night
    friday night was alot of fun with about 30 or so of us sitting around the camp fire (must have been alot of fun because i woke up in the same lawn chair the next morning...lol)
    saturday started off with some rain but for the most part wasent to bad
    the pig showed up around noon and i got it cooking for the night eats
    alot of the members broght food you name it we had it there but catkings wife's egg's were the first thing gone as always
    right before dinner was done the sky opened up one last time and we got nailed but by this point most of the members were having too much fun to let a little rain stop things
    a special thank you to Truck for paying for this years pig and all the members who donatied money to help offset the cost
    saturday night was the girls night after the guys tying one on firday it was the girls turn saturday and they did a great job of it...im sure some of them arnt feeling real well this am..lol
    sunday morining came and it was time to tear down the tent city that went up on friday and say goodbye to old friends and some new ones

p.s. i cant say this enuf..if you have never been to an outing like this you dont know how much fun your missing

7. catking

catking Banned

First thanks to bigjohn513 and his wife Chrissy for putting this event on once again !!! Every year it gets bigger. Lots of members show up, some as far away as Akron (fish 4 bass) and Atwood lake region ( Action). All the local " Good old Boys and girls " were there once again. Like John said, Friday night was the guys time to be alittle loud , but the freakin women topped us saturday night :eek: The beverages were flowing :eek:and like stated, some of the women are probably feeling a little dizzy right now :eek: . Great time once again !!! Way to many people to mention first hand, but it really was SWEET to see the old gang again . I believe the Rocky Fork " Fog" crew was there and intack except for cwcarper. I met " Single hot momma" for the first time, and I'll guess she won't be single long :D ............ Thanks guys & gals for the great weekend. CATKING

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Wish I had been there.....again. I'm going to make it, really, someday.

9. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

I don't know what all can be added to everything that has been posted, but man, what a fun time was had by all! Without a doubt, the best outing I've attended in the past couple of years. I think that a conservative estimate on the number of attendees this year has to be somewhere around the 40 mark, counting wives and children, etc. Also, everyone who attended, please get in contact with Doc if you have pictures you want to share (and even those you don't want shared - TimJC). Doc has offered to host the photo-story of the event again this year. All incriminating evidence will be freely circulated amongst members. The only other thing I can add is, "Is it next year, yet?"

10. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

The highlight of the event had to be crappielooker getting s0d0mized by macfish at his drunken birthday roast of the banks of the eagle creek. It was a fun time hanging around people as crude or cruder than me...

11. catking

catking Banned

40 is really conservative David :D , I think it was around 65-70 give or take a few, by my list. Don't forget Freddy !!!!!! DA KING !!!

12. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Man what a great time, always look forward to this outing and once again no disappointments.

Where to start, well coming down route 68 looked like a convoy of trucks and boats, Lynn, Doc, Donnie and Greg, Larry and Josh and Rosco (Larrys Lab) we rolled in and set up on the waterfront property, next year I think I'll opt for the hillside, Larry had brought this gigantic awning thing that was great for everybody as we had a bunch of people under that thing, Lynn and I were in the process of setting up our new tent when everybody just jumped in there and it was erected in no time, thanks all for the help, it was humid as heck while we were unloading so had to stop several times to replenish body fluids :D went out and fished for a couple of hours and came back in and the party was rocking, Ak's birthday, and the Dude was feeling no pain, he is even funnier when he is toasted, he about grossed everybody out when he ate the bollies in that bag, and he can still go for the poles when the alarms go off. Whats nice about this gang is you better be able to take some ribbing because you are going to get it with this bunch, seems nobody forgets anything :eek: and guess who has the one and only picture of Big John in the chair :D , it is a classic just like the Catking's Mission Impossible.:D I'll post the picture later.

Saturday my daughter and son in law showed up so I took them out fishing and Lynn stayed with the gang, might know Brian loses the only fish right at the boat, was only out a couple of hours when I saw the second ridge about 5 miles away disappear :confused: then I saw the first ridge about 3 miles away disappear, Oh No here comes the rain coming right up the river, we pulled anchor and headed for Eagle creek, we were at Higginsport when we headed up river and saw the wall of water behind us, just got the boat on the trailer and got under the Bigtop when the Monsoons hit us, looked out into the creek and poor Skipjack11 was getting pounded by the rain, he outran the rain but it caught up with him at the creek.

After the rain quit the sun came out and boy what a mess, water and mud everywhere, it was a blast watching the kids play slip and slide in all that mud and water, Josh was in the height of his glory jumping and splashing around even chased Grandma around kicking water and mud up on her.

Lynn and I went back out and fished after the pig roast and once again the Man was on top of it again, great job John.

Fishing was slow but we managed three dinks, brought them back to show everybody and nobody was up,except for Fastlane and Traphunter and I thingk his cousin everybody else was all tucked in for the night.

Again had a great time and it was a pleasure seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Doc and Lynn

13. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

What a weekend! Got there late Friday evening and the place was already hopping. We drove through a couple good rains on the way down but when we got there the rain had missed Ripley. Until we started setting up. Quickly found out that our tent leaked like a seive but we managed thatnks to a tarp and some help from a few fellow members. Ak was feeling preety good by the time we settled in and was kind enough to allow us to sing happy birthday to him :D Traphunter and his uncle and cousin showed up around 11 or so while the wife and I hit Ak's favorite place down there (Walmart) to buy an air mattress since I forgot to pack ours. We finally got settled in around midnight and set up to fish. Only caught one fish Friday night/Saturday morn (a small channel) but Trap stuck in there! He never slept Fri night, stayed up all day Saturday, and finally gave up about 2 AM Sunday morning with only a few fish and a turtle under his belt. Gotta love his determination though and his excitement when ever someone catches a fish. Early Sunday morning (1am or so) I managed to finally hook a carp (Thanks Ak for the use of your rod holders ;) ) and it was a heavy mirror carp. We managed to get it on the bank when the line snapped and it nearly flopped back in but Seth (Traphunter) dove in head first after it so that we could get a pic of it. Iv'e got a few pics I'll be postin' of the event but here are the highlights:
    1 - The pig. BigJohn513 you out did yourself.
    2 - That one dry spot of ground (or did I dream that)
    3 - Seeing everyone again. It's been a few years since I have made an outting.
    4 - The pig, oh yeah I already mentioned that.
    5 - Seeing Ak, get revenge on those paylakers! LOL Pic to follow.
    6 - Seeing BigJohn513 get his beauty rest in the lawn chair (were he woke up Saturday morning) I think his snoring may have had something to do with the fish not biting Friday night. :D
    7 - Getting to fish with Trap finally.
    8 - My first carp in 3 years and 1st mirror carp ever! Pic to follow

14. Fastlane

Forgot to mention that DOc did bring in 3 nice channels for ya all to see but Only Trap, myself and a few others were still up.

Anyway, here is the pic of my mirror carp. Thanks again Trap for saving that one.

Attached Files:

15. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i'm sure you guys remember everything friday night..its just a blurred to me..i know my face was hurtin in the morning from laughing so much..
    fastlane..i have fished that creek 5 times now and never comes up with a mirror yet..she's a great looking fish.. :)

16. Fastlane

Oh gods of carp I bow to you.......

Traphunter with the mirror carp. I figured since he dove in head first to save it, he deserved a pic with it.

Attached Files:

17. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

LMFAO!!!:D :D
    maan..doc..you done started it now.:D

18. Fastlane

I also learned that Ak (Crappielooker) doesn't like paylakers!
    This was taken shortly after he lost a nice fish while trying to untangle with a fellow fisherman's pole. He mumbled something that can't be repeated and then promptly picked up the neighbors outfit and said "you're not gonna paylake me anymore". Hated to see him lose the fish but this part was fun to watch. Sorry AK but I had to post this one.

Attached Files:

19. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Wow what a great time, it was a weekend that I wont soon forget. :)
    I fished from 1am fri to 2am sun and only caught a small channel and a turtle but I had more fun this weekend then I have had all year. Friday night we was trying to figure out if BigJohn513 was sawing logs or tryin to ride a dirtbike. LOL that was some funny stuff. The food was GREAT and I really enjoyed talking and meeting some of the members. The fog really came in thick saturday night. I got to watch tom (fastlane) catch the mirrow carp and I thought that was pretty cool, he deserved to catch it. Thanks for letting me hold it tom, now and can print it off and tell everyone I caught it. :D j/k Thanks to everyone for a great outing and I am already excited about next years. Good Times ;)