946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When : aug 3-5
Where : Eagle creek marina (Ripley OH)
who: everyone
what : camping, fishing, grilling out ect

Camping is available on site and water front for $14 per night
We'll have some kind of group cookout saturday evening
Fishing is good right at the campground with large catches of carp and small cats
Bring a boat if you have one, launch ramp on site

·
retread member
346 Posts
I'll be there again this year and my friend Ron said he was looking forward to it too. Any date when the really hot weather is over with sounds good to me. Let us know what you would like us to bring. I'm sure Ron will bring his folding table again.:)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ak I talked to Dorlis wend night and she was bummed when she found out you moved back...and so was the old mule skinner..lol

Chefskip I's only around 7 miles from aberdeen... its the first road on the right once you pass the NAPA and the school leaving ripley on 52 (the now closed napa that is)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little more Info for some of the new members,
This will be a camping/fishing/eating...kind of weekend
The campsites at eagle creek are waterfront with water and electric around 100 feet away, the cost is $14 a night per tent...not site....fishing right out front of your tent
If you plan to bring anything bigger than a popup please pm me as space for them is very limited
There is a shower house and a "restroom" house for your personal needs
I'll be doing some kind of cookout Saturday night (ribs, chicken, brisket ect) or maybe even a pig If we have enough people coming

·
The Last Don
218 Posts
I have never been to an OGF outing and would love to go so I am throwing out dates that I WON'T be able to attend. July 4th weekend doesn't work and neither does the weekend of July 27th (Brickyard 400 weekend) or the following weekend of August 3rd. Other than that name it and I will be there.

·
Moving water...
658 Posts
I'm out pretty much the same weekends as Cordon, except add the weekend before the 4th of July (June 30th).

I'd also vote for cooler weather too :) Last year wasn't too bad, it cooled down just enough in the evening.

CW

·
Registered
466 Posts
After reading this board for many months I would like to meet some of you myself. I actually live straight across the river from eagle creek and launch there quite often.

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Just an FYI. The Carp Anglers Group outing is August 24-26 if you guys can hold out that long and want to make a super shindig.

Otherwise, I hope to make it down again whenever you guys choose. I managed loads of carp the two nights I fished last year. Thanks for putting this together again John.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jerry..he wanted you to tell me about his license because I owe him a rack of ribs if he got them on the first try..and no I didnt get to make it to lsm this year..I was in vegas so bring him down so I can make him some ribs...and if your bringing the camper make sure to let me know so we can make room for you
Tim, were talking about doing 2 (one in july or sept and one at the same time as CAG) funny part is I was just talking about you today...friend of mine owns almost a mile of Eagle Creek and wants someone to come up and figure out how to catch the carp in the creek...your name came up..he said bring him up..lol
let me know how many you think will be there for the CAG outing if there will be 30 or 40 I have no problem cooking a pig (half) because I just booked one for the first week of sept for the other half

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
well i'll be dang.. i'll miss the pig big time dooooood..
have fun dooooods and dooddettes... make sure bigjohn have a few 6packs in him before he cooks, it'll turn out wonderfully cooked if he does.. :D
john, i don't think the pig will fit in tim's car if you are taking him to go pick it up doood.. :p :)
maan, i miss da creek... and its permanent campers.. :(

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Ak, surely the weather is more pleasant here than Bangkok or the UAE.

John, I haven't been to any of the CAG Ohio outings this year so I don't know what kind of attendence there has been, but I doubt it will be 30+ people. Now if word was to get out that Ak was coming people would come from all over like some kind of carping religous pilgrimage.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.