close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

eagle 480, not seeing fish???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Oct 3, 2004.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

my eagle 480 is not showing any fish, contacted eagle , they aked if the transducer is "clicking " and it is. tried everything else ping speed sensitivety ,noise reduction, now i guess i will have to send it back to cabelas or eagle???makes it hard to find my own perch!!!

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

I had that same thing happen to an older Eagle I had on my old boat, I had accidentally disabled the sonar, the transducer will still click but there is no input to the computer, might want to check that out, on my Lowrance it has the same feature but it will have a screen pop-up that tells you the sonar is turned off........Doc

3. freyedknot

my 480 is tracking the bottom very well,just not marking any fish. how do you disable the sonar anyway???

4. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

If your tracking the bottom then your sonar is working, you may have to check the sensitivity of the unit, if in manual it should be about 65-85% depends on the water depth, my Lowrance has a selection on the screen to disable the sonar rather than using the power switch to shut it off, if I use the power switch then I'll lose all my current GPS settings.

Usually if the transducer goes bad on a Eagle or Lowrance it defaults to the numbers flashing on and off on the unit........Doc

5. freyedknot

tried the sensitivety from 40% to 100%. this is my 3rd eagle F.F. ,but still no marks for a month now.mine does not have a disable.

6. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

This may sound really stupid, but maybe, just maybe there are no fish in that lake....just kiddin....do you have your manual. If not, I will find mine and see if you can set it back to factory defaults.

flash--------------------------out

7. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

As suggested by KSU Here is a manual you can look at if you don't have one. On page 42 it says that it is possible to scramble the settings so the sonar picture disappears from your screen. If this happens restore factory settings.
    Press Menu
    Menu
    Arrow down to reset options
    Press Enter
    It will ask if you want to reset all options. Press <-- to yes then enter
    This will reset you to all factory settings.
    Something to try if you haven't already done this.
    Bob

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Turn off the suface clutter, also turn off interferace (noise). Also be sure your transduser is parrallel to the bottom. If it's off a few degrees on the angle, that will do it. How fast are you going? Sometimes you have to be about 5MPH or less on some to show archs.

9. freyedknot

tried all of the above. will send it back to cabelas. dont really like the 480 . screeen and scroll menus are hard to use on rough water.ilike my 160 better and will reinstall it. thanx for all the replies,van