Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went down today and i heard the usual...." man ! a guy just caught 13 and left, you shoulda been here ":mad: , so i broke out my pole, caught 2 in 4 hours,:S , and headed home. of course i heard, " they're killing them at neff rd.", " i got a bucket full out at avon ", " they're taking home coolers of white bass out in eastlake "....these are the stories of my life...never there at the right time !!!!!!!!!

·
Charter Captain
1,211 Posts
well i wish u would find them so i could keep them off my lines when im trolling.i went out mon and every 2 min my rod would be going off i would reel in only to find a white bass on still got 18 walleye in 4 hours and 30+ white bass.

·
Pay-it-foward fisherman
5,251 Posts
We went to avon on saturday.
I caught one almost every cast on twister tails.
I let them all go because I was doing it for fun, people were looking at me like I was crazy. :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
it's not white bass, but i got 19 real nice perch off the breakwall at E 9th between 5 and 8 last night. also the assorted sheephead and catfish. had a lot of perch and sheephead doubleheaders. and also got one double with a catfish and sheephead. i didn't know what was on there. it was probable 8-10 pounds of fish on there, but the powerpro line worked great. i really like fishing there, the only downside is $8 to park. if you come later you can usually find somewhere to park on e. 9th right before the parking lot. if one of the nice attendants are on they will let you go in an set down your gear and then park. there is one guy who lets me park for free when i tell him i'm just there to fish. i almost always fish on the far west end by the sign that says no fishing beyond this point and throw out about 10:00 as far as it will go. the water is 25 foot deep and the perch seem to gather there. it's one of the better spots i've found for pier rats in the summer

·
Charter Captain
1,211 Posts
thanks frank.. as far as the walleye all same 18-22 range with 2 that were undersize.color wise started with superman worked good then shut off and went to wonderbread and oilslick and they hit right away.by the way my motor was toast i thru a rod and decided just to scrap it for the lower unit and bought a newer merc 80 hp of a friend for $300 i just need the new internal harness and its good to go.Its looking like another 2 weeks before my boat gets on the water again moneys kinda tight.I also hit up a charter sun with capt.mike of reel time charters in fairport great time and got my revenge on a steelie i just went to learn how to run boards ive never seen it done before.see ya soon

·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
" Reel " Nice leadcore bean

·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never knew that, thanx 4 the info preacherman, maybe i'll see you down there sometime

1 - 9 of 9 Posts