Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
sparkeye
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out yesterday around 5 pm went to the crib because thats where the bait store said they were gettin perch i didnt like the marks so i went to a spot that has done me good all year so far and it did again if you leave gordon park and go almost streight out to 45.5 fow and turn around youll see the building with the 4 stacks i was just left of them theres very small humps on the ground seem to keep the fish. i had to use 2 of the exact same pole to notice the difference because the bite on some were so light i dont think i would have noticed them with out comparison between rods only one white perch and 2 small perch the other 20 i pulled in were above 9" and i did it in and hour tryed trolling for eyes with no luck after it got dark in 58 fow talked to a guy at the boat ramp that said he was 2 miles north of the crib and got some but i didnt ask how many

·
Registered
52 Posts
jjpugh,

Last time up I was at 45.5 fow out of 72ns st. Did pretty good too.

When you say just a bit to the left of the power plant, do you mean to the east or west?

I will look for the humps on the bottom next time.

Thanks for the tip.

·
sparkeye
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
went up today there was a cluster of boats just north of were i was talking if you were out there today but the bite flat out sucked only pulled 18 between 3 people. and they were far and between and i mean east so if your on the water looking back at the stacks just left

·
sparkeye
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yea lost an anchor west of the crib today trying over there if anyone snags the 100' of rope tied to it its yours.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Went out of E72nd today due north 46 FOW in front of the 4 stacks. Punched two tickets by 12:30pm. Color pink on spreaders did the trick. Size 8 to 10 inch. No junk. Fish On!

·
sparkeye
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
congrats happy to hear somebody did good over there the radio was all gloom and doom by the time i started fishing didnt get there till 12

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got it.

I've been there with the anchor thing. There must be thousands of them on the bottom of Erie!!

Thanks for the info guys. Good luck

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey j think i might of talked to ya at the ramp in the ranger if you were in a starcraft? we pulled 9 eyes fri.. biggest was 26" rest were eaters..spot you stated 58'..all on rados 1.3-5. pink back gold back purps and pinks harnesses..they started hammerin at 8 pm 60-90 back on 3s.

·
sparkeye
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya that was me do u do good on eyes all year out of there I was doin alright till the rains started and havnt got one since was gona start tryin new areas but its so close to Akron I can go after work. That's a nice boat u got wish I could get one like that

·
Registered
671 Posts
its my buddys rig im just the co-pilot.thanks though.we are making that same run on land but from the falls...theres resident fish just gotta find the bait.somedays we only get a few but they lit up fri night.good luck see ya up there!:T:T:T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts