Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a change and started to hit local public ponds/lakes....It was really nice getting back into largemouth bass fishing. I think I'll be doing it more often! Here are some highlights from during my river/creek hiatus.

This is probably the largest bass I've caught since I was in highschool. She came on a 1/4oz football jig with a dark green venom creature-bait trailer. Jigged through the rocks.

This one came on a 1/4oz shaky head with a black zoom crawfish trailer. Crawled through the weeds.

This one came on a texas rig, 7" powerbait along a windblown and weedy shoreline. This came during the first day of the last coldfront. Jigged slow, but she hammered it.

Late night smallmouth at a local reservoir, xrap 10.

This nice smallie marked the beginning of good waters (yesterday). Caught her on a Big Joshy "Striped Shiner" on a 1/8oz jighead. Caught 11 other smallmouth on Joshys in Striped Shiner and Slush. They were hammering them! Unfortunately they didn't hold up very well to the aggressive smallies. It's a price I'm willing to pay for a soft swimbait.

Not recent, but a great day fishing for slabs with Ben this spring!

And lastly...some humor. The seafood guy tried to convince me that these were flying carp....the kind that jump in your boat like on TV. I respectfully told him that it was a buffalo sucker, and wished him good luck in his sale :D

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
this is the first time ive ever seen a pic of you....with that one profile pic you had, thats the only way i pictured you hahaha! great fish by the way!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
long ago mush used to post pics of himself pretty frequently targeting big muskie in small creek areas.

I went years without targeting bass too and after catching a 3lber a few weeks ago at alum if I can't find schools of crappie/white bass I'm tossing out a bass crank.

how could the seafood guy say that it was flying carp when it clearly says buffalo on the tag? at least it was USA/wild caught :)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hey mush that was a fun time crappie fishing. Threw back a lot of nice females that day a d kept some nice ones for some fish tacos. We will do it again this fall If I can keep you out of the woods long enough from deer hunting.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking forward to it Mister Ben!

Thinking about that Buffalo again...2.99/lb and that thing probably weighs 10lb....that's a $30 fish that I could go snag 20 of down on the skee-o-tow in an hour! Talk about a profit margin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.