Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was in grove City and went to BigCats pay lake. cought 2 about id say nice 6lb cats then i say my bobber just swimming at high speeds around the water. when i set the hook i thought i cought a whale it felt so big i got it in and they came to weigh it. they are saying its only 11bs but man it was big. ya i finaly made it back to ohio and have gone fishing just about every day. how i have missed it!!!!

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Congrats on a great catch,bet that fish did tow the bobber around the lake.Thanks for the post:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
So i was in grove City and went to BigCats pay lake. cought 2 about id say nice 6lb cats then i say my bobber just swimming at high speeds around the water. when i set the hook i thought i cought a whale it felt so big i got it in and they came to weigh it. they are saying its only 11bs but man it was big. ya i finaly made it back to ohio and have gone fishing just about every day. how i have missed it!!!!
Just wondering, how did this pay lake work? Did you have to keep everything you caught, or did you just pay to fish there and let everything go. Thanks in advance.

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
Anyone caught taking Blues, shovelhead, or other fish over 10 lbs. will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for theft.
Pretty ironic considering its a pay lake....

·
Premium Member
10,898 Posts
I saw their truck parked along the road and two guys throwing cast nests in a residential development pond getting bluegill for bait to sell at their business I'm guessing.

I wondered then and doubt today if they had permission to be removing the bluegill from this pond.

The lake that they are on along I 71 is one I used to fish often many years ago. It certainly does not have a 27' average depth as they state unless they had it dug out deeper once they gained access to it. It used to have a nice bass and really nice crappie population.

Are paylakes still permitted to obtain wild fish from other states for stocking?

·
Registered
161 Posts
You need to head over to WWW.clearwaterpaylake.com best pond around Columbus by far. Great people and big fish.

P.s. sounds like you had some fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts