Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's some pics from our trip to dunkirk new york.the weather wasn't too great,we had 2 fronts blow through,but we still managed to catch some real nice smallies.these pics are pretty much the average size that we caught.
the 2nd day we were there the wind was blowing pretty bad so we decided to drive about 10 miles south to another lake.the bright spot there was a muskie my brother boated.
the funny story of the trip was my brother catching a really big carp on a tube bait.at 1st i'm sure he thought he had a new record smallie on the end of his line.about 15 minutes later it came to the top and rolled........then i rolled laughing about it.still he had fun getting it in the boat.he earned a new nickname for life though........wheatie ball!!!!!!! he is a very good fisherman though!!!!
we had a couple of boats from a fishing show that must have really wanted our spot because when they eased up by us they saw us boat a few fish pretty quickly and then they were both right on top of us.a few jigs cast right across their bows finally got the message across and they moved away! i'd really like to see that video that they were taking!
the smallies hadn't moved into the bay to start bedding yet though.we only saw several new beds.the locals told us that sometime within the next 2 weeks the fishing will definately get hot.then 75 or so smallies a day is pretty easy.
it's a fun,cheap trip and about a 7 hour drive from central ohio.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
My mom grew up in Dunkirk. Whats the name of that lake? I'll ask her if she remembers it and show her your pics. Looke like a great time. That carp was a pig!!

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chuck,i can't remember the name of the small lake we fished.it was about 10 miles south of dunkirk.the smallies came from the harbor at dunkirk.
i got to put a plug in for a place called demetris restaurant.the best angus cheeseburgers i've ever had!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts