close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

dummy award!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rac123, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Did you hear about the 2 young men who attempted to canoe down the river today in Columbus??upset they did!!one made it out at Dublin rd. and the other swam 1/2 mile down before he got out!!Fire rescue said neither had life vests on!!!what were they thinking?????? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I guuse it just goes to show that some people just dont get it !

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I saw the Fireman and rescue guys there along with the helicopters. What were they thinking?
    I was assigned to the rescue as a firefighter and make several rescues at that same place in the River. Most made it out, but a few never did. WE lost a firefighter years ago rescuing a couple of 16 year old kids doing the same thing, They thought they would be safe. I cost a Fire Capt. his life getting them out. I hope some others pay attention to this story! By the way, the river is 4 foot past flood stage in that area!!!

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

People never learn, they should be fined for being so stupid.

5. really was on to something, these two are lucky they didn't fall victim to his theories.

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I don't know where you would draw the line without infringing on personal rights; but I agree with flathunter - there needs to be some serious fines for such when a rescue is needed!

7. At least make them pay for the costs of the rescue!!! If some people had a brain....they'd take it out and play with it!!!!

8. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I agree Mayfly.

I drive past that area everyday on my way home. Man the last thing on my mind would be "hey lets see if we can ride that sucker"!

9. They should absolutely have to pay a fine at least to the extent of the cost for the rescue mission. The jerks cost everybody in the area money for sending the rescue crews out there. And not to mention that by doing that they put several rescue crews lives at risk. I certainly hope they nail them for that. And while they are at it they might as well stick it all to them. The canoe was not registered. The state might as well get a piece of them too.;)

10. Just about had another case of "Natural Selection"! Too bad they put rescue workers lives at risk. Somebody came up with a novel idea-pay for services as they are used. ;)

Tim

11. I think whenever they can cite violation or neglect on the part of the ones rescued then they should be held accountable. I would not want to have to pay if I were being rescued from something totally out of my control. But if I took the risk I should be accountable for that risk.

12. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

You have got to be kidding me! Those morons made it out alive? Either they were REALLY lucky, or our rescue guys are REALLY good. One of the two. They should fine those guys (and/or their parents) and take away their reproductive rights (don't want dumb people breeding). Jeesh!

13. According to the news, the two rocket scientists were cited for lack of registration on the canoe and hazardous use of waterways. Sometimes I just wonder if the gene pool is just too shallow.

14. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Here's something to add to my post. As I said I have been in several rescues in that area, and in one case the two kids we rescued and almost flipped or rescue boat in, the oldest one ask if we could go back and get his boat!
    He said his dad was going to kill him for losing the boat, Didn't even worry about us risking our lives to save them only his dads $300.00 boat. Talking about wanting to instill justice right there? It was hard to just shake our head and walk away. what is going on in those empty heads?