close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

dumb question

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by monsterKAT11, Oct 18, 2004.

1. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

ok ok i know this is going to seem like a dumb question for most of you, but i don't know what the diffrence between a spinning rod and any other rod, can anyone help me out?

2. Let me post a couple of pictures. That should be the easiest way to explain it.

Here is a spincast reel. Some refer to this as a closed face reel.

[​IMG]

Here is a spinning reel. Some refer to this a an open face reel.

[​IMG]

I hope that answers your question.

3. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

OH ok, i get it now, thanks

4. catking

catking Banned

A spinning rod is made so that the rod eyes are down when in use. A casting rod is made so that the rod eyes are up. Casting rods have smaller eyes that are closer together that spinning rods. Spinning rods usually have larger eyes and the braces back to the rod from the eye are usually longer. This is the case with cattin rods ;) CATKING

5. I guess you did ask about the "rod" but I answered the question of the reel.:rolleyes: Catking answered that part for you as well. Now you got more info than you even asked for.:D

6. You forgot to describe those rods that have the line running through the blank. :eek: Bet those are the kind that are used to sneak up on a musky and get it on the first cast. :rolleyes: :p :D

7. catking

catking Banned

Speaking of " One Cast" , he was brought up several times this past weekend at Alum Creek Lake :cool: Of course DA KING !!! had to do a few reinactments :cool: ....By the way monsterKat- the only DUMB question is the one that is never asked ;) Besides you are a catter, and we all aren't real smart anyhows :D ................THE CATKING !!!

8. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

hahaha yeah i get what your saying :D , thanks for all the info guys glad to know there are people out there willin to help eachother out.