close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dual Transducers?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by DrChip, Sep 18, 2004.

1. I recently bought a used Tracker bass boat with two depth finders -- an in-dash flasher and a fish finder mounted on the bow. The flasher has a 'ducer mounted on the transom and the fish finder has a 'ducer mounted on the trolling motor. Neither depth finder is working.

So, my questions: First, is there a way to tell if it is the unit that has gone bad or just the transducer without buying a new transducer and testing it on the boat? Second, assuming both units are bad (most likely), is there a way to buy a single unit but set up some sort of A/B switch to use two transducers? I'd like to just buy a fish finder to mount on the bow, have a 'ducer for it on the trolling motor for when I'm fishing, but for when I'm running at speed I'd like to be able to switch to a transom mounted transducer. Given the relatively small size of the boat (17 feet) I could see the display for a bow mounted fish finder without having to buy a separate dash-mounted flasher too. I'd just need to have the transducer in the water when the trolling motor is up.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you have on this...

2. yep they make them where u can chose witch tranducer to run