close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dual Pro XP Charger

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by BIGDAWG, Aug 13, 2004.

1. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

Have the dual bank charger on my boat. Both banks charge both trolling motor batteries, altenator charges cranking battery. Recently, when I plug the charger in, the first bank LED lights come right on as suppose to. The second bank flashes, flickers, then goes out all together. Leaving the first bank on, drawing down battery prior to charging it. After about an hour, I can go out unplug/plug back in and the second bank works properly. I don't have the manual for the charger. Has anyone got any ideas?? I was thinking maybe the second battery was going bad???? I hope it isn't the charger since its only 1 1/2 year old. Thanks in advance folks.....BD

2. My advice is to call Charging Systems International. They make that charger and their Tech Support is very helpful. I recently purchased batteries from them and also had warranty work done to my charger. They sent me a brand new charger(and upgraded it for free) and I sent my old one back under warranty. They paid for the postage for me to send it back as well. They will help you diagnose the problem and replace your charger for free if its bad.

Their website is: http://www.dualpro.com/ . All of their charges have a 3 year warranty.

Their phone # is: 800-742-2740.

3. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

Thanks Triton Bill...I'll give em a call...

4. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

Thanks again, spoke with Michael down there. He thought it sounded like a power surge jacked up my 1st bank. Had me try something and it didn't work. Sending me a new one, hopefully will be here by weds, leaving for MN, friday!!! Thanks buddy.... :D BD

5. Glad it worked out for you. Their Customer support and technicians are great to work with!! I wish all marine and fishing companies could take note and work to be as helpful as Charging Systems International.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

You Triton owners are all alike...willing to help a fellow owner in need, showing pictures of big bass in your avatars, etc...FREAKS!! :D

Enjoy the trip Greg!

7. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

Thanks brother, good to hear from you. I'll post a report when I get back leaving at 5:00 am Friday. I'm like a kid at Christmas time with excitement!!! :rolleyes: BD