close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Drugs and Kids

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Toxic, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Our family received word late last night that a family member was murdered. I wasn't sure how to post this or even if I should. But if I touch one person out there, It will be worth it. My Nephew has been under the influence of drugs for some time. We all tried to help him to no avail. Last night he shot and killed his wife. The drugs influenced his decision making and better judgement. I am at a lost of words. I am not asking for pity. But I am requesting that if you have kids, nieces, or nephews etc please sit down with them and explain the dangers of what drugs can do to them. Drugs are the worst thing we as a nation are facing. We get to caught up in or busy lives and forget the important things. Please hug you kids and tell them you love them. Life is to precious and to short to mess it up.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Sorry to hear for your loss. Hopefully your message will reach someone in need.

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

man, i heard it on the news this morning. sorry jess. i knew something was up by the story CH 27 reported.

4. What an awful and unnecessary tragedy. My prayers go out to the family.

Great advice Toxic and thanks for sharing. I do think our best defense against the drug addictions is to confront our kids and to embrace them and show them how important they are to us. Our kids are still somewhat young but we already are constantly stressing the harm of drugs. I am not saying that it can never happen to a family like ours because there are so many influences in the world. But we will do everything in our power to fight it.

5. sorry for your and your family's loss.

my son is in 2nd grade and is always proudly showing me his papers & grades. but yesterday i notice one of the papers was a crossword type thing with the words 'alcohol', 'nicotine', 'drugs' etc all over it. i just stared at the paper and thought - wow, 7 years old and it's already time to have this talk?! *sigh*

6. You and your entire family are in our prayers....

7. Sorry for your loss - and praying you and your family get through this tragic time.