close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Drowning at Ceasars Creek....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chuck P., Jan 21, 2005.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

GREENE COUNTY -- Authorities are at the scene of what appears to be an apparent drowning at a hunting and fishing area located at Caesars Creek Wildlife Area. The incident happened Friday afternoon at an area near Route 380 and Roxanna-Burlington Road in Greene County.

Authorities said a Greene County deputy, on routine patrol, spotted a 4-year-old boy wandering alone in the area. Officials said the deputy stopped and talked to the child.

Investigators said the boy told the deputy that he could not find his father and that he might be in the water. Authorities searched the area and found the boys father in some frozen water in the hunting area, according to deputies.

At this time, the coroner has been called to the scene for further investigation.

2. gezzzzzzzz... That boy is young enough he may forget this whole ordeal...

3. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

THis is horrible. It all happened less than a mile from my house. If any of you know the area, the creek has been flooded severely since way before Christmas. I watch it get higher daily. My wife was on her way to work only a few minutes after the deputies got there and she called me. First thing I thought of was the number of people who have been launching boats in the early mornings there. But apparently they were just walking and the man fell through the ice. It was my understanding that the boy made his way back to 380 and a passing motorist saw him and called 911. When the first deputy arrived he told him that his dad was in the water and he took the officer to where he went through the ice. Of course a million stories are flying around the neighborhood and the media is never quite accurate. At any rate, no matter what, it is a terrible tragedy. That young fellow will never forget what he witnessed. He will never get it out of his mind and as he gets older it will probably affecting more and more. God be with him and his family. If any of you on here know the man, God be with you all as well. If nothing else, let us all learn a valuable lesson form this fatal event. Especially those of you who ice fish.

4. I WOULD IMAGINE THE BOY WILL NEVER FORGET THAT DAY AND WILL BE AFRAID OF THE WATER FOR MOST OF HIS LIFE. BY HAVING FOUR THAT AGE
    THERE MINDS ARE SHARP AS TACKS! THEY JUST LIKE TO KID.
    I DONT KNOW WHAT MY BOYS WOULD DO WITHOUT ME :rolleyes: BUT
    LIFE TO ME WOULDNT BE MUCH WITHOUT THEM. IM GLAD THE BOYS ALRIGHT!

5. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I saw it on the Evening News. I know the area well. My heart goes out to the Boy and his family. It will be hard to pass by there without rembering what has happened. :(

6. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Oh my gosh, so sad and so lucky the boy is ok. Our lifes can change in a heartbeat. It's scarey to think about how our decisions can such a dramatic affect on so many lives.

7. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

I hope he has someone else to take care of him.
    I can't imagine loosing my little boy or him loosing me.

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I have three boys 1, 3 , and 5 years old. I take the older 2 in the boat all the time. Some people think I am paranoid on how I act when we are on the water, but crazy things can happen so quickly. You got to train them to respect the water. I couldn't imagine seeing that happen to my dad now and I am 33 let alone it happening to a 4 year old. My prayers go out to the family.

9. catking

catking Banned

Very , very sad indeed................

10. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

What a horrible thing to happen. Last night on the news they said he and his son were walking along the creek scouting for waterfowl.