Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I take my wife so she can sit in the sun and drink a cocktail and I can fish besides a pay lake?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind, It looks like I'll never go fishing again. My wife is not a fan and work is busy so I guess I will have to drool over everyones posts and dream of it. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and I have a dog to tend to which is the sweetest animal alive until you take his ass fishing. I can't keep him crated all the time with the wife's work schedule and mine he has been pinned up for 12 hours at a time so it breaks my heart to go when I know he's at home. I would take him fishing but I could have killed him the last time. I had him tethered so I could accomplish a few simple tasks without him all up in my business wrecking everything. He was out of head reach of me so he would repeatedly run to the end of his chain, jump and kick me. I'm surprised he didn't break his neck. When I turn away for a second he has an ear piercing yelp that makes my blood boil. So to maintain our best friend status I leave him at home. Sorry for crying and thanks for listening.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote="chillin";1688125]Do what i do..." Hun im goin fishn,slater."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app[/quote]

she works 12 hour shifts as a nurse and I work 12 - 16.5 hours a day at offset shifts so we barely get to see each other as is. I wish I had it in me to tell her the way it's going to be but, I don't have it in me. I love fishing as much as I love my wife and dog.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Dang brother...you could get a training collar for your dog.. Maybe try sweet talking the wife, heck i gotta do it sometimes myself. Telling them how its gunna be isnt always the best option ,lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not allowed to get the shock collar. I don't think he needs it any other time unless I take him fishing. I'm afraid the collar might change his personality. My parents have a blue heeler that is a potential murderer and he was brought up on one but, he does listen very well. I don't want my pit bull to act like him.

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
she works 12 hour shifts as a nurse and I work 12 - 16.5 hours a day at offset shifts so we barely get to see each other as is. I wish I had it in me to tell her the way it's going to be but, I don't have it in me. I love fishing as much as I love my wife and dog.
Don't apologize for having your priorities in the right order. No one here is seriously suggesting otherwise. Life is tough sometimes and responsibilities suck, just hang in there and someday it will all work out. For example, today was the first day I got out on the water in almost 3 years. I have a great wife, a 10 month old son and I run my own business, life is busy. Sometimes it just takes patience.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't apologize for having your priorities in the right order. No one here is seriously suggesting otherwise. Life is tough sometimes and responsibilities suck, just hang in there and someday it will all work out. For example, today was the first day I got out on the water in almost 3 years. I have a great wife, a 10 month old son and I run my own business, life is busy. Sometimes it just takes patience.
I'm just blowing off some steam. I do it here instead of the other social media outlets because I don't want my wife to see it and feel bad. I do have it good even though all the good stuff drives me nuts sometimes. Three years? I feel bad for you now.

·
Bass tracker
79 Posts
Just keep taking your dog with you it's gonna take a lil bit for him to get used to it and to behave well while going out, but eventually it will be something he will enjoy going out with you to do. Mine took a little longer than I hoped but now he loves it

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just keep taking your dog with you it's gonna take a lil bit for him to get used to it and to behave well while going out, but eventually it will be something he will enjoy going out with you to do. Mine took a little longer than I hoped but now he loves it

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I'll wind up shooting him in the process. He would be cool but I have to keep him on a leash because he will get away so fast. If I had a spot he could run around besides the back yard. The spot behind the house got ruined when the people across the creek cleaned the brush out of the deep hole .

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
I'm just blowing off some steam. I do it here instead of the other social media outlets because I don't want my wife to see it and feel bad. I do have it good even though all the good stuff drives me nuts sometimes. Three years? I feel bad for you now.
I hear ya about blowing off steam.
I'm a busy guy lol. I do hope I don't have to wait another 3 years though lol.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The frustration doesn't get easier when my wife gets the remote and there is a real housewives marathon on.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank all the powers that may be that it's not a ghost hunters, ghost adventures or paranormal witness marathon.

·
deleted
3,891 Posts
I'm at a point in my life where I have a lot of time to fish...and I do! It hasn't always been that way. Let's start with 1978 to 1983 in the USN. When my time got close and people asked me what I was going to do when I got out, I answered, "Going fishing."

I took the sixty days leave I had saved up and traveled Europe. When I got back in May, I had twelve weeks unemployment and pretty much spent most of that fishing.

I've had several other life choices and career paths since then that took me away from fishing for a year or two, but I've always come back to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh, and I have a dog to tend to which is the sweetest animal alive until you take his ass fishing. I can't keep him crated all the time with the wife's work schedule and mine he has been pinned up for 12 hours at a time so it breaks my heart to go when I know he's at home. I would take him fishing but I could have killed him the last time. I had him tethered so I could accomplish a few simple tasks without him all up in my business wrecking everything. He was out of head reach of me so he would repeatedly run to the end of his chain, jump and kick me. I'm surprised he didn't break his neck. When I turn away for a second he has an ear piercing yelp that makes my blood boil. So to maintain our best friend status I leave him at home. Sorry for crying and thanks for listening.
Hey I got an idea pm me for the details if u wanna hear

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
My wife is very fond of my company and not fond of the outdoors. Our family pretty much is her hobby. I also have a 4yr old and a 6 month baby boy. But my wife gets it, she knows that if I dont get my time on the water that I uncontrollably turn like the incredible hulk. So I mostly have freedom to fish when I want. But I have given up TV, video games, bars with the buddies, golf, softball, and mushrooming to have it that way. And with the new baby I am afraid hunting and my weekly basketball will be next. But as long as I can fish at least twice a week this guy will be fine.

The only thing that has saved me over the years is that my wife and kids like to go to bed early and sleep a long time. Im a night owl and only need 4-6 hours of sleep. I love catfish so it works in my favor.

My daughter wants to go with me anytime I go bait fishing. I love taking her fishing but when I am after bait it is a different story. That is a mission that may include 10 different areas or bodies of water and some of them only a few minutes to check them out. And when I take my daughter I dont even take a pole for me because I dont get a chance to fish anyway. It breaks my heart to tell her no but sometimes it has to be done.

·
Avid Angler
73 Posts
My first born son was born on the 13th this month and I hadn't had a chance to go since a few days before then. But I went out last night and caught a hefty channel cat and it was especially exciting having 2 weeks off. If I had it my way I'd fish 7pm-5am every night but someone's gotta pay the rent :) much luck to you my friend. I know working 5-6 days a week and being a family man gets in the way but its rewarding when you do get a chancw to go out. Cheers to being patient and seizing an opportunity that arises. I think he was worth the wait. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1377525919.331185.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1377525943.680631.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts