Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

drill to auger convertor

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by exexec, Dec 23, 2004.

  1. cw261

    cw261 Member

    Hopefully it comes with a plate that attaches just underneath where the drill chuck attaches - they do tend to loosen up from the chuck, and when you break through the ice, there goes your auger. If not, check the drill chuck often.

  2. Corey

    Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

    Lewis makes a similar adapter. PM him for info. AMF YoYo also makes one. . I haven't seen Lewis's but the YoYo adapter has the plate to keep it from falling throuigh the ice hole if it comes unchucked and the plate spins freely so that it doesn't grab your clothing as it spins.
  3. Unit has a 8.5" dia. plate.

    Attached Files:

  4. Lewis


    I no longer make these adapters.
    Its a shame,they worked great!
    Some fellow on e-bay gave me a bunch of flack,claiming that he held the patent on them.
    I am a journeyman machinist,and I was just making them as a sideline hobby,and figured it wasnt worth the grief.
    He was probably upset because I cut his price in half! lol
  5. if he had a patent i would ask for his patant no. dont believe everything you read on here as you well know..yrs ago when i was fixing appliances someone called me from sears..or he said he was from sears as an appliance repair guy,,,i advertized the word SEARS in my ad and he got all over me saying i couldnt use the word sears in my ad..i never quit using it and never heard back from him..he thought i was taking some of their business away..i sure was as i didnt charge half of what they charged...