close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

drifting for saugeyes at hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by big valley, Jul 22, 2004.

1. :confused: :confused: hey misfit and the crew, had any luck lately at hoover drifting the flats at hoover. I am heading there next week and would like to see if they are still on. I figure they are more prominient in the am and the pm in 10-12 fow. Just got back from erie and did very well drifting outside of lakeside reef 3 walleye and a 4lb smallie plus many sheephead over 15lbs. :D

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

haven't been out too much lately,but i think your best bet would be trolling cranks or harnesses on the flats or breaks,or casting jigs/crawlers there and on points.those are good times and depths,but they're also being caught during mid-day with the same methods,with some in the 15 foot+ depths.

3. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

I suspect the water's going to be a bit on the discolored side. Trolling noisy crankbaits and drifting crawler harnesses sounds like a fine game plan to me, Rick. Winds are supposed to be out of the north and fairly stiff. Of course I'll have to stay late and do a little Hoover catfishing. Now that's my idea of kicking off a gooood weekend. Gotta go wipe the drool off my chin now.

4. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

what a cool response!! :D "gotta wipe the drool off my chin". lmmfao!!!!!

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

toad and i may be there this evening also.since my boat's out of commision,and we'll be taking his,we might opt for alum though.just for a change of pace,and we're too lazy to hang the kicker on the boat :rolleyes: ;)

6. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Fished Friday in the A.M. rain. Caught 4 keepers all day. Water was off color. Maybe a foot a viz. Jig with a big fat crawler hangin off the back seemed to work best. Drifted the flats at LOWs. Fishing should get better as soon as this weather passes. All fish caught on the flats in 10 to 12 fow. Lots of fish marked. Good luck.