Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Proud Walleye Addict
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Haven’t made it out this year and usually Troll in early June - July. Wanting to try to catch some drifting Sunday as we are not setup to run out to 68-70 ft unless it is flat calm. My question is is their still fish to be caught in close this late in the year ? We can drift or troll in close obviously but looking like 52-55 ft and in. Thanks in advance. Just trying to make the minimal opportunities to get up there the best we can.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I fished out of Chagrin Sun Vermilion Thurs Edgewater tday I got a limit each day fishing ErDrys and or harnesses all fish caught shallow under 30ft deep lot of white perch tday so I would say go try All trips on head boats to boot Gold has been my top producer There were a lot of 20 in plus caught from vermilion biggest was 25in:):):)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
20 foot cobia center console
1 Posts
Hello. Haven’t made it out this year and usually Troll in early June - July. Wanting to try to catch some drifting Sunday as we are not setup to run out to 68-70 ft unless it is flat calm. My question is is their still fish to be caught in close this late in the year ? We can drift or troll in close obviously but looking like 52-55 ft and in. Thanks in advance. Just trying to make the minimal opportunities to get up there the best we can.
Try fishing Ruggles reef off of cranberry creek marina. You can launch your boat at cranberry fir a charge or you can use Huron or Vermilion public launch, Huron us free Vermilion will cost you about 5 or 6 bucks. I have caught a lot of nice walleyes out there all year long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you don't mind driving east a bit, you can get to deeper water while staying in close out of Geneva or Ashtabula. We did well on Sunday in 55 ft while trolling spoons. We caught one as shallow as 50 ft, which is only a few miles out of the harbor in Geneva. I suspect they are pretty spread out and can be found at any nearly any depth if the timing and presentation are right.

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,463 Posts
I fished out of Chagrin Sun Vermilion Thurs Edgewater tday I got a limit each day fishing ErDrys and or harnesses all fish caught shallow under 30ft deep lot of white perch tday so I would say go try All trips on head boats to boot Gold has been my top producer There were a lot of 20 in plus caught from vermilion biggest was 25in:):):)(y)(y)(y)
is there a head boat in Vermilion?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts