close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

drakes at the mad?

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Pikemandu, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Anyone been to the mad recently? Looking to hit the drake's this weekend and was wondering if there in full swing yet? No news from MRO yet so I figured I would try here.

2. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Haven't heard much from the mad lately. They have been getting a few over the past few weeks so it could be any time now. Watch the water levels I don't know how much rain there getting up in that area but could fill up quick. Ants and beetles should be picking up as well. Good luck, S

3. I was at MRO last night and overheard one of the guys talking about using big streamers and hitting at least one 15+"er every day. You still need to wait until dark for the bug hatches. Beetles and ants may be a good bet during the day. I have a recipe for making a June Bug fly out of a coffee bean that works great.

I can't find the site so here goes - Use a large light roasted coffee bean (dark roast are too brittle). Paint the bottom (flat side) a dark metallic green and the top copper. Wrap a hook the matches (size 10 or 12) the bean size with thread and glue the hook to the "seam" on the flat side of the bean. Glue a piece of peacock hurl (for legs) on either side of the hook at a 45degree angle to each other. Trim the peacock so that 2 little legs stick out. I put a dab of bright yellow paint on top for easy viewing. Make it splat!