Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been to the mad recently? Looking to hit the drake's this weekend and was wondering if there in full swing yet? No news from MRO yet so I figured I would try here.

·
"I sat by the river" N.Mc
1,062 Posts
Haven't heard much from the mad lately. They have been getting a few over the past few weeks so it could be any time now. Watch the water levels I don't know how much rain there getting up in that area but could fill up quick. Ants and beetles should be picking up as well. Good luck, S

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was at MRO last night and overheard one of the guys talking about using big streamers and hitting at least one 15+"er every day. You still need to wait until dark for the bug hatches. Beetles and ants may be a good bet during the day. I have a recipe for making a June Bug fly out of a coffee bean that works great.

I can't find the site so here goes - Use a large light roasted coffee bean (dark roast are too brittle). Paint the bottom (flat side) a dark metallic green and the top copper. Wrap a hook the matches (size 10 or 12) the bean size with thread and glue the hook to the "seam" on the flat side of the bean. Glue a piece of peacock hurl (for legs) on either side of the hook at a 45degree angle to each other. Trim the peacock so that 2 little legs stick out. I put a dab of bright yellow paint on top for easy viewing. Make it splat!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts