close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Downsized

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by ThreeRiversEsox, Feb 20, 2009.

1. I was asked by a friend if I could make her dad something by father's day for walleye fishing in Lake Erie. I know they have a place at P.I. and as far as I know he fishes the Pa waters mostly, i.e. downriggers or dipseys. I have little experience fishing Lake Erie walleyes and most of the time it was harnesses only. I figured something like a thunderstick or reef runner, because they were always what I had heard about. So I gave it a shot. Here's what I came up with...it's about 4" long, suspend/slow sink, basswood.
    Let me know if you think it's a good start, I hope to make a few more...or change the design- I need help on this one!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. Looks good E, the one thing I found out last year when I made a few for Erie was to not make the lips too big. When you are pulling the lures behind a rigger ball or a dipsey too much tension will keep tripping the release so you want them to pull easily.

Nice pattern, we did good on green last year. You might want to try a couple foils also, though we mostly use harnesses, most of the fish we caught on plugs were with foils for whatever reason.