close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dow & Rose report

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishmason, May 13, 2004.

1. Fished Dow monday 10th, fished Rose wedensday the 12th

Dow-
    Fished the shore lines just outside of weedbeds with jigs tipped with crappie nibbles and caught about 12 really dink size crappies. Tried everything but soft plastics for bass and never got any.

Rose-
    Tried cranks and spinners for bass with no luck. Tried livers, night crawlers, and bluegill for cats and never even got a nibble. Did manage to catch some good size bluegill, appears to be the only thing in that lake. Rose has to be the mose perfect lake i have ever seen though, its a shame you cant seem to get ahold of anything but bluegill. Didnt have any trout equipment on me, so not sure how they are biting.

2. THanks for the report. Rose Lake is definately a nice looking lake with all the trees along the bank. Would think it would be good for bass at right time.

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I've been broken off at rose before ice fishing, theres gotta be some nice sized fish in there.

4. I've heard for the nice bass at rose, fish with a nice sized creek chub

there was a thread somplace on the net back in time that told about good fishing there

5. and like Doug said it is a very nice looking lake and should be good for big bass. It's even nice when it's freezing cold outside and your sick trout fishing and you miss the one bite all day because your stupied fire lines breaks

6. Is there anywhere around there that ic an use a cast net to get me some good creek chubs?

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Just about any small creek will have chubs in it, but use little balls of bread or wax worms on an ultra light. Believe it or not, creek chubs are fun to catch too!

8. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Oh yea! Catch the chubs then hook them up and catch bass!