Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I fish Dow Lake (aka Stroud's Run), I usually catch lots and lots of tiny bluegill. Plus the occasional channel cat or largemouth bass - always little ones. Evidently I need to learn how to fish...and buy a boat!

Anyway, I caught this guy this morning:

Eastern Spiny Softshell. Made my day! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's a nice lake my family and I stay at strouds run 1week a year for turkey season we catch alot of rainbow trout right by the beach. I'm sure ther out in deeper water this time of year tho

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I banked fish there quite often while at school and always did pretty decent. Real nice place to fish I think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, ODNR stocks it every spring with rainbow trout. My roommate and I started fishing again right around April-May time frame. He caught a nice one and I haven't seen any since. I'm guessing the temperature gets too hot down here, and the ones that aren't caught within those first few weeks die off.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think there's a small population that survive every year down by the dam. I might be mistaken but I've seen some pretty decent ones caught that weren't the annual stocking size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts