Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We planted two acres of sunflower and some mixed grains this spring. I was a week behind schedule but got it mowed Friday. Wow there are a lot of birds coming in!!! It going to be a good season.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
Im jealous...stuck on public land for now. All my private spots are still holding crops

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel your pain. Some of the folks out on the public dove fields are worse than the two year olds fishin Darby.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Overrated since 80'
103 Posts
So how did everyone do today? I think we are getting out tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a madhouse.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
a group from the neighborhood went over to the cut wheat field and only secured 3 doves yesterday. The doves were on the dead Ash trees along the wheat stubble. They took a gaggle of kids from 5 years old up to watch and retreive. So a very successful hunt as the kids had stories from the day which lasted well into the evening. A hour or two afield will change the direction of several lives.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
I got 2, public land no deks. Got some deks tonight and locked down 3 cut wheat feilds for the rest of the week. Hopefully tomorrow will be better

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We did okay. The birds did not come in early in the morning this year, most of the shooting was around 8:30-9am.
I'm hoping to hunt the field again in one week.

·
Overrated since 80'
103 Posts
We only saw 5 birds Monday. We managed to get 2 of them. It didn't dawn on me until after the first bird that I'd left my full choke in from turkey season. Talk about a challenge! Was great to be out though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts