close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dough-Ball Recipes

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Nailer639, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Anybody have any good, cheap, easy, and or top secret recipes?

I bought a wad of the 'popular brand' last weekend (you know the one I mean, the one in the small baggie, with the red lettering and a picture of a carp eating the delicious bait you have in your hand) it was so stale that it was next to impossible to make it into a ball around the hook. I decided at that point to try and make my own. My Grandma used to make it for me 20 years ago at Seneca Lake. I remember anis oil and cornmeal were key, other than that I'm lost.

If your recipe is top secret, im me with it and I guarantee that your secret is safe with me. Unless someone offers me a buck two-eighty for it then all bets are off.

Thanks in advance.

2. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Might want to try placing this in the carp section.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

do a search in the carp forum and you'll find plenty of recipes.

4. I mix Cornmeal, water and a little corn oil to make a rough paste. I then add Tetramin Fish Food Flakes or Pellets for scent and flavor. I put this in a plastic bag and boil it for a while. You should end up with a fairly tough, but moldable dough. I was thinking of using fish oil instead of corn oil, but I've never tried it.

5. Crushed up wheaties is what I used. Cuyahoga carp love'em. Good Luck

6. I make strawberry jello in "warm water" then grab a double hand full of wheaties
    and dip into the jello. Keep squeezing the liquid out till ya got a nice hard ball.
    Carps love it and ya almost have to beat it off your hooks.