Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, I wonder if anyone remembers the Double E Bar in Ravenna? There was also the double e bait shop that I used to work for a few weeks in the summer. My grandma and grandpa owned them and I see so many people posting about Lake Milton, Berlin, West Branch, Etc that I wouldn't be surprised if some of you had your fishing photos in our bait shop- that bulletin board was full of Polaroids!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey,
Remember it well, used to be the best bar in portage county. Alot of fond memories there for sure and by the way I have the old sign from out front. Priceless piece of history

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
No freaking way! I remember you from the bar & at Aunt Brenda's/Uncle Ron's when I was a kid. I believe you and my Dad were good friends & I'm pretty sure we camped or fished at west branch with you before too. My mind is blown!
Ed was my Dad and I can't believe you have that sign, man. Thank you for saving my family history, bud. I have nothing left from those days bc of a flood years ago.
If you could post a pic or two here of that sign I'd be so grateful and my siblings would too. I'm Gino by the way.
I'm sure you know Dad passed away. Aunt Brenda too (in his arms waiting for the ambulance to come).

·
Registered
966 Posts
Where was this located? What year?

·
Powderfinger
7,558 Posts
Right on rt. 5 a little ways past rocksprings rd, it was the late 70s and the 80s
That's not the same place as the Double E or Double K baitshop at the corner of Newton Falls Rd and SR 5 was it? That place is long gone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not the greatest picture but definately a piece of history just need to rewire and it will be on display again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Man, that just made my day, Kit. Took a screen shot and sent it to my brother and sister too. If you ever decide not to wire it up or do anything with it just let me know, because I definitely will. Wish Dad & Uncle Don were here to see it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Family I haven't heard from in 2-3 years are getting in touch with me on Facebook Messenger already lmao you have no idea what this means to my family. So glad you've kept it safe, man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts