Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OR DONT BUY A GUN FROM DICK'S.

I went into Dick's on Fri to buy some fishing stuff and found my self looking at the shot guns. Mine is on the older side and has seen its fare share of use. It shoots fine and all but its not "pretty" anymore. Anyway I was looking at the guns and I had the guy show me a Mossberg 535. The gun will take the bigger 3.5" shells which is important to me because they are bigger than the 2.75 and 3" shells that my Moss. 500 will shoot. And bigger is better right. So I buy the gun. I fill all the paper work out at the store, no problem. My only problem is that my wife probably wont be to happy if she finds out I bought a new gun for no good reason. "we need to save money for the baby" blab blab blab. Now I know my wife has no idea about guns or how many or what kind I own. So figure I'll just put it with the other guns and no problem. "I've always had the gun, I've had that since before I met you" You know what I'm talking about. So everything goes as planed until yesterday. Dicks calls and leaves a message on the machine that says something like "Hi Dave this is so and so from Dicks, you bought a gun from us the other day and there is a problem with the paperwork. So we need you come back and fix it" So I et home from work and my wife goes theres a message on the machine for you. Then she's all "do we really need more guns?" I cant believe they told on me. I go to fix the "problem" with the paper work and all it was, was that I wrote "Feb" for my birth day and I needed to change it to "02" If there were paper work to fill out for rods and reels and fishing lures I'd be divorced.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
OR DONT BUY A GUN FROM DICK'S.

I went into Dick's on Fri to buy some fishing stuff and found my self looking at the shot guns. Mine is on the older side and has seen its fare share of use. It shoots fine and all but its not "pretty" anymore. Anyway I was looking at the guns and I had the guy show me a Mossberg 535. The gun will take the bigger 3.5" shells which is important to me because they are bigger than the 2.75 and 3" shells that my Moss. 500 will shoot. And bigger is better right. So I buy the gun. I fill all the paper work out at the store, no problem. My only problem is that my wife probably wont be to happy if she finds out I bought a new gun for no good reason. "we need to save money for the baby" blab blab blab. Now I know my wife has no idea about guns or how many or what kind I own. So figure I'll just put it with the other guns and no problem. "I've always had the gun, I've had that since before I met you" You know what I'm talking about. So everything goes as planed until yesterday. Dicks calls and leaves a message on the machine that says something like "Hi Dave this is so and so from Dicks, you bought a gun from us the other day and there is a problem with the paperwork. So we need you come back and fix it" So I et home from work and my wife goes theres a message on the machine for you. Then she's all "do we really need more guns?" I cant believe they told on me. I go to fix the "problem" with the paper work and all it was, was that I wrote "Feb" for my birth day and I needed to change it to "02" If there were paper work to fill out for rods and reels and fishing lures I'd be divorced.
Graet story JUNKYARDBASS I used to do that when I was buying my goose decoys, buy two a week and carry them into the garage, swear up and down every time she asked me if they were new, no they have been hear for years.Then one day my shooting buddy came over,she came out to say Hi next breath he looks at me and say's I see you got some new goose decoys,,caught flatfooted.
Good Fishing

·
Wannabe Fisherman
101 Posts
LOL . . . come home from where ever i go shopping and first things first . . . destroy any bags . . . and immediately place new items into boat . . .:) . . . leave no evidence and swear that it has been there since day one . . . :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
been there before - I bought a .22/.410 combo . my wifes due date was 6 weeks away when it happened. I told her it was for the baby (boy) when he got old enough . the gun was on sale for $100 and i told her if i wait to get it years latter who knows how much it would cost. it was hard for her to fight that logic. plus i get to use it untill then! I have a large gun safe and i keep moving the guns around so she has no real good idea of what i have so when a new one comes home with me i just put it in a old gun case and bring it in. good luck with all those raging hormones and mood swings!

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
I got a very large work bonus one year and decided to buy my wife a very nice diamond braclet, which she has wanted for years...went to the jewelers, picked one out and was arranging final details, etc...I thought I could put a deposit on it, but the jeweler wanted paid in full since I wanted to take it home with me...since I didn't take that much cash with me, I had to pay the balance on my credit card. Well, since that kind of spending was so out of the ordinary, the credit card company called the house to verify the purchase. I don't need to tell you who answered the phone and heard the whole purchase story...the good thing was it was a gift for her, but it ruined the surprise.

Moral of the story...now when I buy boat and fishing stuff, I don't put it on the credit card!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts