Donkey Kong Ohio Crappies today

Discussion in 'OGF Frontpage News' started by bman, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bman

bman

Here's two ridiculous crappie I caught today fishing from a private pond in Central Ohio:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First one was 2.07 on a digital scale that measures to the tenth vs. ounces and the second one was 2.42lbs.

I think I've only caught one or two larger than the bigger one in my entire life, and both came from Kentucky Lake 20 years ago.

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Those are some giants! Great job, heard how you caught them too! Very creative.

3. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Wow, awesome job to catch one like that but 2. Must be a pretty good pond! SWEEEEEET!

4. That pond called pig pen?

Congrats!

5. Excellent catches,wait till Kwaller sees those.:p

6. those are 2 real bahamma mamas. congrats. had my best day all year on the creeks today also. I would like to catch some that big someday.

7. All I can say is "Wow!".

8. well theres two meals dang :B

9. KWaller

KWaller BASS prodigy

Hahaha nice piggys! There's one of those in buckeye lake somewhere, what was your technique to catch'em?
    Kyle
    HPT
    CP

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. spfldbassguy

spfldbassguy CJ Wolfpack

Good Lord I'd probably have a heart attack if I caught just one that size:D:D. Man that pond sure does got some piggies in it doesn't it, I mean WOW:D.

11. bman

bman

Float and large profile bucktail jig. The waves pretty much give it all the action it needs. Move it slightly and slow occassional twitches. Also caught a 2lb cat on it today. It's a great multi-species cool-cold water tool.

I still can't get over the size of those two. They were each 16" long.

12. Very nice congrats!!

13. 16" each? WOW... I would probably think about getting them mounted together on a piece of drift wood. Well I guess if I had the money to do that I would.

Nice work!

14. dre

dre

Man those are amazing, congratz!!

15. MassillonBuckeye

MassillonBuckeye I jig therefore I am!

Pets lol? What kind of pond? You throw em back? My uncle has a farm pond and my grandpa used to feed a team of giant flatheads at the dam every morning. If he caught you fishing for them or catching them... You were fish food haha :)

Nice fish!!

16. Bman - Those are two awesome fish Congrats! Thanks for the pics.

17. Man....what a beautiful double mount that would make....

What was the location of that pond again?????

18. Wow! That had to be a blast. Congrats on the piggies!