Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to Vances tonight with my dog. Wasn't allowed to stay with her. Was asked if a service dog or if anyone could watch her. No to being a service dog and too hot to leave in truck so I left. Said something about health inspectors would close them down if pets were allowed in the store. Seems strange that Home Depo allows Pets and so does Cabelas, along with Tanger Outlets, TSC, etc

Is Vances not pet friendly or what

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Add rural king to the list of pet friendly

Reactions: Lazy 8

·
Registered
16,389 Posts
Since Covid, many stores don't allow dogs, some don't allow kids under 16.

Reactions: garhtr and Lazy 8

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I get this on the stores part to not allow them people are bringing dogs in the stores that are not service dogs you could of either keep the truck running with a/c on or leave it home in the a/c !!!just my two cents but I hate when people bring dogs in somewhere and it is totally not trained or listens well and claim it is a therapy dog I enjoy dogs just a side note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,389 Posts
I love dogs but why should you be able to take them into a store? Just asking.
I don't even like them in Petsmart when I had to pick up food for my dog.

·
The end is near
6,205 Posts
Me and the ol lady went to RK in Heath yesterday. Older gal had a miniature Pomerian on a lesh. Cutest thing I ever saw in my life. It was wearing bib overalls. Lady said he gets all excited when she puts his bibs on him cause he knows he's going somewhere. (I'm the same way) When he ran it was like a tight coil spring going, boong, boong, boong.
Sorry if I got off track and derailed...it's in my DNA. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love dogs but why should you be able to take them into a store? Just asking.
Good way to socialize a dog. Their right to not allow. To me the service dog thing can be a bit much. Needs to be trained and certified. Though will tend to patronize places that allow.

·
Bag'em and Tag'em
888 Posts
service dogs are okay but it seems that EVERY DOG is a service dog. My dad got wrapped up and knocked down by a dog at home depot while the guy was looking at lumber. He has had both knees replaced and he is pretty wobbly anyways. Now i have 7 year old son that is ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of dogs, nothing pisses me off more than these self entitled people feel that it is necessary to bring their dogs everywhere. "i dont want to leave them in the car" Okay fine how about DON'T BRING THEM! do you really need your dogs company to go pick up some screws. not everybody cares to see you little precious. Hey look at me generation. I digress... RRRRGH!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Okay fine how about DON'T BRING THEM! do you really need your dogs company to go pick up some screws. not everybody cares to see you little precious.
...and I don't want your dog jumping on me or coming over to me to be petted. I'm not against dogs but I don't know you or your dog. I wish stores would ban them all...yes even the service dogs (I'm mean)

·
1,801 Posts
...and I don't want your dog jumping on me or coming over to me to be petted. I'm not against dogs but I don't know you or your dog. I wish stores would ban them all...yes even the service dogs (I'm mean)

Ban service dogs? Mean is not the word I would use for you....

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Ban service dogs? Mean is not the word I would use for you....
I don't care.
I'm a guy who's not afraid to make a stance. NO DOGS PERIOD.
Problem is once you make that one exception you open yourself up to everyone who THINKS THEY"RE SPECIAL too.

When we were kids you never saw dogs in stores and life went on just fine. Of course stores weren't open on Sundays, kids didn't have to be entertained and families got together on Sunday afternoons instead of hauling the kids to all their sporting events.
If I were in charge.... we'd get back to that too.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
If it is a service dog you should be able to provide paperwork to anyone if your questioned about bringing in a store!!! if your not blind in a wheelchair or handicapped they you should not get offended when asked if your dog is supposed to be in the store !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
To clarify for people; service dogs do not require proof, paperwork, or certifications. In fact businesses can only legally ask a person if they have a disability (yes or no) and what function the dog performs, those are the only things required by federal law. People get confused by emotional support animals that may have some type of certification but it means nothing and unfortunately people with true disabilities and true service animals get negative looks and negative attention because of all the people with their emotional support pony/parrot whatever it is. It's also against the law to lie about true service animals. I feel bad for folks with true disabilities that have such negativity placed towards them.
Anyways, I like dogs more than people so I'm ok with dogs where ever but understand why many don't and my labs stay home or in the car if going somewhere with me. Off leash dogs in unauthorized areas is more my pet peeve, get tired of strange dogs running up on myself or my dogs and having issues.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have an emotional support animal. It is a Black Lab. We go out hunting together and kill animals. I shoot them and he retrieves them. I always feel warm and fuzzy inside after we kill things together. I‘m pretty sure that he feels good inside about it as well. I don’t ever take him into stores. Never have, and never will. I don’t see any reason to take dogs into stores unless they are a service dog.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
service dogs are okay but it seems that EVERY DOG is a service dog. My dad got wrapped up and knocked down by a dog at home depot while the guy was looking at lumber. He has had both knees replaced and he is pretty wobbly anyways. Now i have 7 year old son that is ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of dogs, nothing pisses me off more than these self entitled people feel that it is necessary to bring their dogs everywhere. "i dont want to leave them in the car" Okay fine how about DON'T BRING THEM! do you really need your dogs company to go pick up some screws. not everybody cares to see you little precious. Hey look at me generation. I digress... RRRRGH!
I have a 5 year old who had a dog charge at her in a Lowe's. She was doing nothing more than looking standing by me looking at fridges with her family when the dog was startled as it came around the corner. My wife said she never saw me move so fast and or jump down the lady's throat so quick. No place for it in my book. They are animals and not sure how they will react. It was obvious this dog really wasn't used to being around kids.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Bag'em and Tag'em
888 Posts
I'm a pretty even tempered guy (Always an *******) I would have lost my crap. If it were a man i may have been calling my wife to bail me out of jail. Papa bear can get very protective.
I have a 5 year old who had a dog charge at her in a Lowe's. She was doing nothing more than looking standing by me looking at fridges with her family when the dog was startled as it came around the corner. My wife said she never saw me move so fast and or jump down the lady's throat so quick. No place for it in my book. They are animals and not sure how they will react. It was obvious this dog really wasn't used to being around kids.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
At one time in Lancaster Lowes, there was a blind employee who had a service dog at work. wonder what happened to him.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts