Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Looks like you need a bigger boat. Nice nice muskie.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fish was caught this past month at a southern Ohio lake while bass fishing. Note, no leaves on the trees yet. The fish was photographed, measured approximately 55 inches, then released. No weight, but it was a thick fish! I take exception to the starts with "L" and ends with "E" comment

·
Carp53.65
4,101 Posts
The fish was caught this past month at a southern Ohio lake while bass fishing. Note, no leaves on the trees yet. The fish was photographed, measured approximately 55 inches, then released. No weight, but it was a thick fish! I take exception to the starts with "L" and ends with "E" comment
Wasn't recently I can tell you that much :0 I'm guessing it Starts with an L and ends with an E.
Ahhhhhh snap! The mystery is solved. It was caught in a "Lake".

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
When ya catch a Musky like that ya can exception to just about anything.That is a noteworthy Musky for sure. Ya might have released the Ohio state record. It weighed 55lbs. and was caught in 1972 I think in Piedmont Lake. Be nice to know the girth. Good job on releasing that Monster .I've never seen one that big in Ohio. Good Luck.

Roscoe

·
Registered
16,389 Posts
Yes that should qualify as a Husky Musky!

·
Registered
21 Posts
died ...
Not surprising given how old the fish must have been. Apparently he had a great life! If he'd have been taken in for a state record then he'd died anyway. Gotta give the guy major credit for any release at all!

·
1,801 Posts
died ...
Not surprising given how old the fish must have been. Apparently he had a great life! If he'd have been taken in for a state record then he'd died anyway. Gotta give the guy major credit for any release at all!
That's the only reason my 51 1/2" from Piedmont is mounted. Caught on light line and she was exhausted when finally landed. Tried for over 1/2 hr to revive her but no luck so I spent the money and had her mounted. Know it was a female, the taxidermist said the egg sacks were empty and nothing in the stomach and she still weighed 40 lbs. 12 oz.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts