close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does North Wind tear up Inland Lakes??

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by K gonefishin, Jul 20, 2007.

1. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Since the lake is going to be bumpy saturday I may want to hit up an inland lake maybe Turkeyfoot or West brance since I'm fishing with my girlfriend I don't want to put her through the abuse on lake erie, does north wind stir these lakes up and shut fishing down and make them harder to fish?

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

No, But All That Rain Will Surely Make Some Muudy Water.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Mosquito will get pretty rough with that north wind.

4. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Thinking more of West Branch or Turkeyfoot, for once I'm not going to walleye fish so I won't be going to Mosquito , I got Erie for walleye, want to take the girlfriend fishing and it's going to be rough so it's either breakwall fishing in Cleveland or inland fishing somewhere. Sunday I'm going to Erie.

5. Turkeyfoot is probably a good choice with a north wind. Lots of protected water, especially if you go thru the iron channel to west and east. I would be more worried about how the fish responded to the big cold front more than the water conditions. Shouldn't be bad by Saturday.

6. I'm thinking CATFISH. This cool front will not be good for bass & stuff. The rains we had should stir things up (muddy). Drop anchor & throw out catfish baits & relax. Could make for some fun & productive fishing . Just a thought .

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

West Branch runs east/west. A north wind won't bother you, especially if you're taking your big Lake Erie boat.
    Turkeyfoot would be OK if you like to putt around all day.
    I'll be on West Branch or Nimisila from morning till after midnight.

8. I'll be on Portage all day tomorrow........taking a buddy and his kids out for whatever the kids can catch................they're new to the sport.

I'm thinking 50 bluegill ought to make them smile...

but the water is stained pretty good

9. Take your Erie boat and your dipsy rods to WB. Troll some of the deeper water up towards the dam(water up to 55ft. in the creek channel). Try some of you long Erie cranks and you may be really surprised what you might dredge up. Yeah, use the dipsys to get them down in the 25-30 ft. range.
    Watch out for the knee boarders and ski-doos. It WILL be crazy out there-garonteed!