close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

does anyone own Sevylor boat?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by leckig, Jul 26, 2007.

1. the fish hunter or others? I heard some good things about them, but I would love to actually see one before buying. How do they work with trolling motors?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sevylor-Fish-Hunter-Inflatable-Boat/dp/B000K8PKJ8"]This[/ame] is a good price, 30 lb trolling motor and a battery makes it all around $400, seems like a decent deal.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

its the boat i had.. i loved mine..

3. a Spiryt has spoken :)

I know you did, I saw your 2 years old posts. But I did not expect you are going to reply :)

Hey Ak, you had a smaller one, righ? did you get the motor? I know you were planning it. Is this the boat you used for chumming COSI the other day and little king saw you?

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

dont buy there model trolling motor...go with a minnkota

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

my suggestion rig your kayak with a trolling motor (minkota like NB said) inflatables r nothing but trouble-leaks leaks leaks-just my opinion :)

6. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Just my $.02 worth (like it or not:p ) I have had 2 of these boats and with AK's, I have seen 3 in actual use. I shot a whole heck of a lot of birds out of mine. Not sure where the leaks comment is coming from but they are tough. We used one to sleep on before hunting time came, used it in blow downs and never had a leak. If your short on funds or don't have a truck to pull a boat, these are the way to go.

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

BigC,
    I totally agree with you. The one AK had was mine before he had it. I never, never had any leaks. Like you not sure where the leak thing came from. maybe his was a cheap thin wall type. I dought it was a sevylor.
    I had it in small ponds, lakes and creeks and when AK got it it wa still like new. Go for it is my advise.

8. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

y do u guys have 2 go after me? "o idk where the leaks thing came from" thats just mine opinion of what happened 2 my buddies sevylor let it go if u dont like it keep it to ur self and say ur opinion! he said he was going down a creek hit a rocky bottom spot-SNAP-hole end of story... i geuss ya just have 2 b careful?

9. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Have you ever owned or been in one of these boats? Not sure why your thinking someone is "going" after you. But if you post up something that I know for a fact is not true (At least with every single Sevylor that I have seen.)
    I gotta give the other side of the story.:p Relax it's all good:)

10. hey, thanks guys! I just dont want to buy a truck and a trailer, too much trouble. Seems like that SEVLYOR would suit me just fine. I also read that the SEVYLOR motor and battery (both for about $100) are not worth buying, so I thought about getting a proper trolling motor.

Is it a lot of trouble to put it up together? Inflate, set up the motor, drag the battery (heavy) etc? The battery SEVYLOR sells lasts for.... 45 minutes. But I think crawdidy told me the battery he uses in his canoe is good for whole day, huge difference!

I never trusted inflatables, but since I bought my float tube I changed my mind. They are very well build indeed these days.

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

calm down weedhopper.you're much too young to be blowing out an artery over something so trivial;)
    like your opinion based on your "buddy's" experience,the guys were just giving their opinions on something they seem to have plenty of "personal" experience with.

12. crappielooker

its easy to set up, even a 5 year old can do it.. :) not heavy at all, if i can carry it, anyone can.. :)
    the material that the fish hunter model uses are tough and thick.. but if you want a safe bat, buy the boot that fits the boat.. its like a skin covering the entire boat.. :)
    good luck with your baot.. :)
    ps.. get the trolling motor mounting bracket from BPS or cabelas and use any trolling motor, but dont use the sevylor ones. :)

13. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

Greg, have you considered a kayak? I just got a 10 foot kayak, and I love it. It is easy to transport; I can keep it in my storage locker; I don’t have to screw around with a battery and motor; I can outrun most trolling motors and get exercise to boot; and I don’t have to inflate it.

As for our young and offended friend, those guys were just giving their own first-hand experience (You may want to invite that on your own site.), but I would like to offer an objection to your post. y r u using txt mssging wen u hve a keyboard plz uz punctuation for the rest of us becuz u r driving me crazy wid ur posts an plz look at the red linz becuz they mean ur spelin iz bad

Sorry, I just had to get that off of my chest.

14. great post streamstalker :) I wanted to say the same but was not brave enough :)

Kayaks are fun but i dont much like the idea of carrying it on my car roof plus I cna only fit myself in a yak. I did consider them a lot.

I am thinking about going floattubing today somewhere, anyone?

15. ovlo

ovlo

you dont need a truck to pull a small boat. my bud pulls a 14 ft boat with a volvo 850 it is just fine. I would look for a small boat setup.

I havent oned one of those inflatable boats but my brother had one for a while. there pretty tough it got a few holes in it but you just patch it with a tire repair kit. what I dont like about them is there tippy you cant stand in them. the wind blows them around somthing feirce. and the seats have no back rests. withount a back rest on a seat I can only sit there so long.

but there fun for what they are. I have done a lot of fishing out of one.

16. hehe, look what I found:
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/boa/383635770.html

went there, bought it for $50, it came with oars and a nice pump. Got Tomasz and we tested it on Sctioto below O'Sha.

It is worth every penny! I am glad I ended up buying this model, it is perfect for two and I can easy fit it on my back sit only partially deflated. I recon I will have to register it though. Well, you can all call me captain leckig starting today :)

17. crappielooker

you need to register the sevylor if you want to use the boat in public places.. (now.. if you use it at night and nobody sees you, then ... :p ) you can use it with no prolems at the private property.. eagle creek for example. :)