Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fishing Is Life!
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to sure what this is used for or how. I have searched the internet and through my catalogues and still can not figure out for the life of me what this is. Renovating my new used boat and it came with it and who i got it from wasn't sure as well.
HPIM0402.JPG

HPIM0404.JPG

HPIM0406.JPG

HPIM0405.JPG

You can remove the clips. Not to sure what it is used for. Any one use this or seen this.

Thanks
Jesse

Attachments

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Looks like some sort of Auxuliary power pack for jumping a motor. Some can be used for a backup power supply for a trolling motor. Never seen one quite like that one though

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
that's the first thing that came to my mind also.if it's not,i don't have a clue:confused:

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Looks like some sort of device for linking 2 or more batteries in a series. I'll bet Linda from Causeway Sporting Goods would know. According to the Carlson Tackle website, her brother Dan is one of the owners ;).

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Looks to be a port for charging and jumping batteries. You keep the clip (clip is the one going across all three) off of the starting battery terminal while using your trolling moter. If you get out on the water and need a jump for the big motor you put the clip across all three and the big motor draws from all the batteries. When charging the batteries you can just hook to the clip and charge all three batteries. No idea if it would work and there is probably a reason why it was not installed.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,947 Posts
looks like a power station.hahahaha..just kidding. looks like an aux battery. kinka like those jumper power packs everyone is selling. sears has about 4 different types.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
I don't have any better guess than what anyone else has offered but I found the phone number and address for the company. Give them a call and find out.;)

Carlson Tackle Company
1752 N. Market St.
Monticello, IL 61856
Phone: (217) 762-7746

I don't know how old that info is but I also found this website.

Carlson Tackle

And I found this interesting fact as well.

Carlson Tackle Company was purchased by RDLM, LLC. owners of Erie Dearie Lure, Inc. on July 11, 2003. Dan Galbincea III, President and Rick Kovacs, Vice President of RDLM, LLC. Both are avid fishermen, when they can get out.
Hopefully something there will lead you in the right direction.

·
Fishing Is Life!
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First thanks for all of the replys and some info on what we think this could be. It was installed on the boat when i got it but I think i am going to leave it off since i don't think it is really necessary. I called the 217 number and it is no longer in service. I then called the warren oh number and they said they didn't make it just strictly fishing lures. The boat has a built in battery charger so i'm just going to stick with that. It looks like i'll have more space now and less wires.

Thanks again If by chance i run across something about it i will post it.

Thanks
Jesse

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
As long as we are still guessing.

I would like to be able to have an extra "charged backup battery" available that could be connected to either crank the main gas motor or connect to other devices if those batteries go dead.

This device with jumper clips could do that.

Seems dangerous with all those clips flopping around with 80+ cranking amps and fuel in the area.

My suggestion, sell it for the value of the copper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts