close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

does anyone know a hydro lake to fish in ohio or wv?

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by sparkywest28, Dec 4, 2007.

1. sparkywest28

sparkywest28 sparkywest28

im looking for bass. tring to shake off cabin fever already.

2. Coekrych

Coekrych Badass

If your up north a bit by berlin and milton there is a spillway I do go there through out the winter

3. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

you can catch them in the river and deep creeks right now, just look for deep slow water with a muddy bottom. fish very slow i do well with tubes and grubs this time of year

4. WVridgeRunner

WVridgeRunner Veteran

TRy Mt. Storm lake just east from morgantown wv. the water never drops below 70 degrees in the middle of january. Google Mt. Storm lake WV

5. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Erie has a lot of discharges.
    Lots of fish to be found.

6. Hey WVRidgeRunner, is there any shore fishing spots at Mt. Storm lake? I live over in Jefferson County on the panhandle and may need to take a drive to get into some better fishing. Thinking of hitting the Potomac or another small stream for some smallies when I make it back after the Holidays. But the water will be a little colder in those streams. What type of fish are in the lake?

7. WVridgeRunner

WVridgeRunner Veteran

www.abramscreek.com/Mt-Storm.html
    check this link out. there is definatley shore access. I'm not sure what all is in there, the times I have gone i have caught some big largemouth and smallies.
    I know there is saugers, and white bass. I was there last feb, when it was like 10 degrees out and the water was 60. caught some nice smallies on 4 inch brown tubes.

8. WVridgeRunner

WVridgeRunner Veteran

OU....you wouldn't happen to know jamie longerbeam would you?

9. WVridgerunner, thanks for the info. No, I don't know anybody by that name.

10. sparkywest28

sparkywest28 sparkywest28

hey ridge runner .i heard the bass caught is way down there since this summer. have u or anyone u know doing any good at mt storm.

11. i live in streetsboro and i believe the sand and gravel pits here are the best bass fishing in the whole state 10 plus bass are cuaght there frequently