close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does A Body Good?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

O.K., so this may make me swear off one of my favorite drinks. I have heard the jist of this before but never all this detail. Thanks MRFISHOHIO for getting me started. ;) While at this site you check out other articles at your own risk. ;)
    And cottage cheese and yogurt....?! Man, I didn't see that coming!

Check it out here....http://www.beyondhealth.com/milk.htm

Note his credentials at the bottom of the article.

My wife and I became diabetic a couple of years ago, so I found the article about caffeine thru the "free articles" button very interesting.

2. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

What the heck does "M.I.T.-trained" mean? It sounds to me like this guy wants to be associated with the university to boost his credentials, but does not actually have a degree there. If I attended one free seminar on the MIT campus or by a MIT professor, could I classify myself as MIT trained? He probably has a degree from Southwestern Appalacian State A&M Community College, or something! ;)

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I noticed the guy didn't recommend what to drink instead. Coke? coffee?
    Water? Only unfluoridated and nothing distilled!

The guy is a San Francisco hippie/quack.
    Look at everything else he says don't do. What can we eat?

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/environmental.html

Sure he has some good points-avoid processed and refined sugars, etc... but's that's just common sense.

Might??? Either it is or isn't.

Give me a break. Sodium lauryl sulfate is an irritant by itself and at 30-70% concentration. Not in a formulated product which contain other ingredients that lower irritation such as betaines.

Propylene glycol. This is what you put in your RV potable water plumbing to keep it from freezing. It has an extremely low HMIS rating.

Synthethics in many cases are safer than "natural" products. The contents and consistancy is controlled and more pure. Naturals vary from region to region and with weather conditions, soil etc...
    Botulism is natural. You won't see me ingesting this "natural" ingredient.

Take what you read (especially on the internet) with a grain of salt. Everyone has an agenda.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Everyone misses the obvious.... Chocolate Chip Cookies just don't taste right without a cold glass of milk!

5. I'll agree 110% with Rob on that one [​IMG]