close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dockage for Hawg Fest / Booster Club tournaments

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FreeByrdSteve, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Several people have asked about dockage in Huron, Ohio for the Sat. Sept. 25th Hawg Fest and the Sat. Oct. 9th Huron Booster Club Fundraiser tournaments. (Details on both tournaments are in other threads on here).

Here's the scoop:
    All Boat Inspections will take place at the Huron Boat Basin the morning of the tournaments. All fish must be brought directly to the Huron Boat Basin by water for both tournaments.

Huron Boat Basin has a VERY limited number of docks for this weekend Sept 24/25 but should have a few more available for Oct 8/9. The man to call is Doug Steinwart at the Huron Boat Basin 419 433 4848.

Huron Lagoons Marina is located about a half mile up the river on the West side of the river and will have plenty of dockage available on either weekend but you should call and get a reservation. Phone Number is 419 433 3200. The rate is $1.25 per foot per night.

Cranberry Creek Marina has a launch ramp and also transient dockage available for smaller boats. Cranberry is probally 3 miles by water from the mouth of the Huron River. It is to the East. Call 419 433 3932.

Another choice in the Huron River is Holiday Harbor Marina which is also on the west side of the river. I have not talked to them but their phone number is 419 433 2140.

Steve Carlson

Catch & Fillet on Lake ERIE - where a NICE EATER is one fish that feeds a family of 4.

2. Steve spelled this out pretty well. I'd like to let everyone know that Cranberry Creek is having a monthly big walleye award of $100 for the rest of the year. You must either ramp or dock there to receive this prize however. It is about 3 miles from the river in case you want to ramp there and run to Huron and this is what I'm going to do if the wind cooperates.